PDA

View Full Version : This zip zap is a true monster! bet you have never seen one like this AAA

sporttracguy
02-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Ok, i figured this was as good of a category to post this in as any. The other day i removed a battery from a clone i had so i could tri cell my monster.. so now i had a tri celled monster and a dead clone just sitting on my desk. I decided to put the clone to work.

First i modified the clone to fit a yellow ZZ monster motor and blue zzse gear(for more torque)

Then i cut the chassis in half and lenghened it(used the clear plastic from a zzse box to make it longer and glued it in place. I then put some lego tires on it and wired in a set of rechargeable AAA batteries and cut some of a ZZ monster body(bigfoot)

I plan to put some larger tires on this to fill it out and give it some more ground clearance. This is just a first shot of what i finished today. Doesnt have the power of a ZZ monster(it does have good torque but not a ton of speed) but it runs forever on a charge. To charge it i just remove the batteries and stick them on the radioshack charger. since it charges 4 at a time i get lots of play time in before i have to recharge.

What do you think?

Sporttracguy

sporttracguy
02-09-2005, 11:34 PM
ill probably paint the truck to match the batteries(green of some sort, maybe some flames too)

sporttracguy
02-09-2005, 11:40 PM
ok, last shot for now, you can see the back and how i mounted the battery holder.

I know it looks a bit goofy but it works great and what else was i to do with a broken clone and a bunch of spair zip zap parts lol

let me know what you think

Sporttracguy

sporttracguy
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
odd, im not sure why that second pic isnt showing up compleatlly, i re loaded it twice and its still goofy.

Anyway, i ran this thing last night for a good half hour straight and no sign of stopping. the dual AAA batteries are great if you want a long lasting charge. but they dont have a ton of power(dosent compair to a true tri celled monster) but what else was i to do with a broken clone anyway lol

sporttracguy

ZipZapin
02-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but, you can pay 30$ tops i really don't know buty you could buy laymans tri cell that will putt out maximum that the ZZ can handle. And its as light as the stock cell.

Jeep_Dude
02-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Nice, since it would be just sitting anyways. How long would non-rechargable batteries last and its just hooked put with wires connecting to where the original battery was right?

viperdout
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ZipZapin
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but, you can pay 30$ tops i really don't know buty you could buy laymans tri cell that will putt out maximum that the ZZ can handle. And its as light as the stock cell.

Not nearly as fast because it puts out a lot less current.

ZipZapin
03-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh, I always heard that was the way to go.

viperdout
03-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ZipZapin
Oh, I always heard that was the way to go.

Actually, if you have a 1 cell lith charger, a li-po is the best way to go.

Warrior
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM
i was thinking about doing this to my zzmt too but do you think it will get more power if you geared it down. and is that battery holder from a x-mod.

thanks

Michael.mt2k
01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I was thinking of doing a similar project on a ZZ MT using a 9-volt battery and a small voltage regulator.

The fit and finish looks great on your truck. Nice work!