PDA

View Full Version : just got my 4 ch. controller and booster

ZeroHero
07-04-2002, 01:05 AM
well...like i said in a post a while back....i bought the booster machine set about a week ago...but i couldn't find a 4 ch. controller at any of the shops around town(i'm too impatient to order online)...well..i found a controller today and hooked it all up...i'm wondering if anyone else has come across the same problems that i have with the booster kit......it came with a 2.2 motor...i noticed a bit of stuttering with every engine i put in..1.0-2.2- and a 2.6.......i currently have the 2.6 in there...and it works alright....i noticed that when the room was darker(right at dusk)...i literally had to have the antenna about 3 inches from the car for it tro run smoothly...later on that night after i had turned on all the room light and in the same spot i was in before..the car rode fine..no stuttering...smooth even turns...i've also read that the 4ch controller has a crappy range....are there any mods i should do?....i alreadyswitched the car antenna to come out of the hood........it also seems a bit slow when driving in normal mode....the 2.6 is still good when going in slow..and it works out just fine when you boost..........when i put a 1.0 engine in there to experiment....it was painfully slow....anyways...anybody got some mods..or know of anything i should do or be prepared for with my booster?

tinyrc
07-04-2002, 01:29 AM
How dark the room is shouldn't have any affect on an RF device! Are you sure it wasn't low batteries or something?

ZeroHero
07-04-2002, 01:02 PM
yeah thats what i thought...but thats the only thing that was different......cause i was in the exact same spot..standing in the exact same spot....thats the only thing i could come up with......the batteries were brand new....it was my first 5 minutes of using it since i bought it.........but anyways...it seems to be driving smoother with the 2.6 instead of the 2.2..but still stutters every now and then...i have read a couple posts with people talking about problems with the booster.....know of anything i can do to ?

TheFanMan
07-05-2002, 12:49 PM
yeah, my 4ch. gets pretty crappy range too, so I just made a small track lol. but is there a way to change it? can you use the same mods that are for the standards?

blacksabbath070
07-06-2002, 12:13 PM
i suggest not to take the booster controller apart i did and it was a bear to get together pieces went everywhere the booster controller is different than the standard controller you could replace the antenna on your controller and even your bit hope this helps

The Thunderer
07-07-2002, 05:27 AM
I found out that the fluorescent tube lighting in our garage DOES affect my Bit Char-G. Is that the kind of lighting you have? Of course the lights do have a "buzz" to them. I probably have to have the ballast changed or something. Anyway, when the lights are off, the range does increase a bit for the 4ch. controller, but it is still less than the regular TX.

Vermifuge
07-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Almost everything on the 4 band controller is a surface mount IC. I have posted images on my website alone with my range theories.

http://www.otakupc.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=53

The range on my 4 band isn’t so bad it’s not as good as the gen 1 controllers but a lot better then the gen 3. From what I can see, there is no eay to esily boost the power on the 4 band controller. At least it is not as obvious as that of the gen 2 or 3 controllers.

tinyrc
07-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Have you opened up a Bullet Tx? They have by far the best range, I'm not sure if it's due to the board itself as much as the proper telescopic antenna though. The 4ch pic is cool, with the 4 crystals inside!

http://assassin.promachina.com/~admin12/images/gallery/album25/aan.sized.jpg

Vermifuge
07-07-2002, 03:19 PM
I only deal with Bit Char-G cars. i have one knockoff car that became a parts can in about 2 days.

I hope these pics will help down the road. I would like to have a a working solutiuon to boost the standard controllers