PDA

View Full Version : question about monster zz...

kehern15
11-19-2004, 02:32 PM
can these monster zz drive in snow, just light snow, not like a foot or something. i am going to get on soon, and also what tire would be best in snow? thanks!

viperdout
11-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Well, it says it shouldn't be driven in any kind of water (electronics and water don't mix) but I've heard of people driving them through water. As long as the snow is hard, and the ZZ won't sink into it, you should be fine, but the risk, however small, is still there. I say, get your hot glue gun out, and smear the glue around the inside of the switch in back, and since my monster's in Phoenix (fet job), I can't look into it to see if the drivetrain is cast into another piece, and the electronics bay is separate. My bet is no, which means in order to be able to drive through real puddles, you'll need to seal up the front and rear covers that hold everything in place, as well as the bushings (outside of the bushing, NOT the inside!) I won't know for sure though until I either get another Monster, or hopefully by Thanksgiving.

kehern15
11-20-2004, 12:52 PM
thanks a lot! i might ride my monster when i get it, in hard snow. thanks again, but how can you drive in puddles?! i would be sooo pariond if i every eve TRIED that, how to you water prof the car?

viperdout
11-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Well, I've heard of some people trying it, and it's survived, but I wouldn't. I might waterproof one so I can do some mini-mudding with it.:D

Murcielago659
11-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Generally, not recommended. If you do, and if you mess something up, you basically flushed $25 down the drain. Radio Shack probably won't accept it as a return, because it was obviously abused.

GerG
12-04-2004, 09:25 AM
If you axadentally get it wet and it stops working you can spray wd-40 on the pcb, but however this dosnt mean go and drive your truck in water and snow just because you have a can of wd-40 on hand. I know this works because I got my esc on my rustler wet and it went mental so i sprayed wd-40 on it and it works fine...this was a while ago to. People with real hobby rc cars put epoxy straight on the pcb and its water proofed. you would have to cover all connections too like wires. Your steering servo will have to be water proofed to people use heavy grease on their servo where the shaft comes out.

Greg:cool: