Skurge420
11-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Well this ads to my collection of 5 xmods, a micro RS4

and now a miniz mini cooper!

I dont know if its the MR01 or 02 tho

Oh well i'll find out when it gets here

HammerZ
11-03-2004, 05:10 PM
I'd say more likely it's an 01 as the 02's are too wide to fit the cooper body without mods.

Skurge420
11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
eh either way i'm happy....its pretty much a bran new car.....cant be any worse than XMODS

kh15
11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
hows the quallity compaired to your xmod? i'm getting a mini-z soon but i dont want to pay good money if its gonna suck like my xmod does?

HammerZ
11-17-2004, 09:45 PM
One thing that Mini Z's don't do is, suck. Once you have one you will understand where us Z'ers come from.

2fast4u
12-22-2004, 02:35 PM
getting one before the end of this vacation as a little present for myself from all this research i can tell miniz's are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better and faster and more
upgradeable than xmods U WILL B HAPPY

micromatch
01-07-2005, 01:26 AM
dont mean to bring back a old thread but the only way an xmod would suck is if you constantly crashed it from bad driving...and from what i hear they are pretty durable you should check out atomic mods or ask ph2t about his woahnelly board. but i would definatly buy the alloy parts from atomic mods. hope i helped
:D

HammerZ
01-07-2005, 04:00 AM
Fact, My fetted Mini Z can last longer on a charge than my stock XMODS. That is both using the same batteries. And that's with the XMODS in rear wheel drive mode as well. A nelly or fets will usualy drain the batteries quicker than running one stock.

micromatch
01-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by HammerZ
Fact, My fetted Mini Z can last longer on a charge than my stock XMODS. That is both using the same batteries. And that's with the XMODS in rear wheel drive mode as well. A nelly or fets will usualy drain the batteries quicker than running one stock.

sorry but that is false. it is actually longer. not by mutch but like 3 or 4 minutes sheck out the woah nelly site from ph2t

2fast4u
01-07-2005, 07:07 PM
ran into my first problem STEERING TWITCH sooo annoying

HammerZ
01-07-2005, 11:37 PM
There are a few simple fixes for that. Just search over on Mini Z Racer (http://mini-zracer.com/forums). It may just be a dirty potentiometer, or just need shimmed.

broke ess supra
03-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I have two xmods and was wondering the differance in handling when it comes to the speed of cornering and exit speed. Right now i am happy with my xmods cornering with four wheel drive and a 6 cell conversion(batteries in back bumper). Is a miniz able to match or exceed the accelleration out of a corner with only rwd? I know there is differant chassis so please be specific... also in terms of bringing your car to the limit do mini-z have a loose front end like the xmods do? That is the only thing that bugs me about the xmods. i haven't invested in the alloy steering knuckles which fix the problem. Besides handling I am always braking a little part on my xmods here and there. In reliability do the mini-z's have problems with axles, gears, servo twitch, etc.
Finally, do you guys have any idea if i m better off buying a iwaver 02 over a miniz? They are much cheaper and even come with 6a fets...

HammerZ
04-22-2005, 08:05 PM
I think you can try the Iwaver first and see if you like it, then go for the Kyosho later if you like it. The Iwavers are a bit lower in quality than the Kyosho. It is very difficult to say about the cornering after all your Xmod has more weight in the rear because of the extra batteries. A Mini Z can corner well because it isn't lugging all that extra weight around. The Mini Z is designed as a RWD car from the start, and it works well as such. The Xmods is designed as a AWD car from the start, but out of the starter set comes as a rear drive car only that can be fitted with an all wheel drive set. If you setup a Mini Z right it can feel like it has AWD even though it don't.

broke ess supra
04-23-2005, 10:56 AM
i appreciate you responding since noone has taken their time to respond...i'm definately going to get an iwaver because i like the efficiency of the rwd setup and if can also handle good that is just a plus...

arch2b
04-23-2005, 02:22 PM
it will be a mr-01. 98% sure