PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my ZipZaps Monster Patrol Monster Truck -:)

rfnagel
11-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Just a few pics of my new Black Chevrolet Monster Patrol monster truck. Sorry for the extremely low quality, had to use a crap webcam (I loaned out my digital camera).

First pic is a collage of a bunch of views, as well as the truck doing what should be done with all them "fereign" cars... crushin' 'em LOL! -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607063_0.jpg

Second pic is a small collage of my Olive Drab "Daddy Thornberry Amputation" Military Jeep on a Monster Patrol chassis... I just KNEW that body would eventually be good for something LOL! -:) -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607063_607513_1.jpg

Last pic is simply a small avatar-sized animated GIF of the Monster Patrol as it appears in the drivers selection screen of Micro$oft's Monster Truck Madness 2. -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/monster_patrol.gif

Namuna
11-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Funny ain't it? How ya originally thought the Monster Patrol's fat wing didn't look so good...But now that you have it (and compared to the other MTs) it's actually kind of sweet? :D

That Daddy Thornberry looks MEAN! Now I just might have to yank spongebob outta his boat and see what a Monster Boat looks like! :eek:

Sdog
11-02-2004, 07:08 AM
You know...I wasn't too impressed with the way that Monster Patrol shell looked in the package. But, now that i have seen it on the chassis, it looks pretty good.

rfnagel
11-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Sdog
You know...I wasn't too impressed with the way that Monster Patrol shell looked in the package. But, now that i have seen it on the chassis, it looks pretty good.

Originally posted by Namuna
Funny ain't it? How ya originally thought the Monster Patrol's fat wing didn't look so good...But now that you have it (and compared to the other MTs) it's actually kind of sweet? :D

Agreed! -:) After I assembled the truck, I realized that the body looks awesome, wing and all -:)

That Daddy Thornberry looks MEAN! Now I just might have to yank spongebob outta his boat and see what a Monster Boat looks like! :eek:

I was surprised at how cool the WT Jeep looked on the MT chassis. After the initial surgery amputating Daddy Thornberry from the Jeep (some folks may remember that ages ago, when I got the WT kit free with another Zap purchase), I thought it looked really neat, but still quite "cartoonish" atop a regular car chassis -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607513_1.jpg -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607513_1_0.jpg -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/jeeps.jpg .

Man, on the MT chassis, it gives the Jeep a whole new look! -:) Hehe, I had previously given the WT ATV body to my nephew.... hmmmm.... painted bright red with a few Honda logo decals applied to it, sitting on top of the MT chassis, wonder how that one would look LOL?! -:)

Namuna
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
I Did the Steering travel mod (chopped off the excess) and put the red gear/motor on the Monster Patrol and now that thing is a ...MONSTER!

With the extra clearance and motor/gear setup, this thing doesn't just want to climb up on stuff...It wants to RUN over it!

Too cool. :cool:

Sdog
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
I Did the Steering travel mod (chopped off the excess) and put the red gear/motor on the Monster Patrol and now that thing is a ...MONSTER!

With the extra clearance and motor/gear setup, this thing doesn't just want to climb up on stuff...It wants to RUN over it!

Too cool. :cool:

Do you mean you shortened the pin on the bottom of the steering knuckles? I'm going to be getting my dremel out to do the same.

I've been going back and forth between the Red and the Yellow setup. Both seem to have enough torque to climb some pretty heavy duty obstacles. The yellow setup is much faster though. what made you decide to go with red?

Namuna
11-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Yes, I shortened the pin on the bottom of the steering knuckle...And all i used was a small wire cutters (did the job just fine, no need to pull out the dremel and make a mess).

I should've been clearer, My Hulk MT has the Orange and the Monster Patrol was left with red.

shortening the pin definitely makes a difference.

kehern15
11-02-2004, 05:28 PM
i am going to get the bigfoot monster truck soon. but i might want to get the monster patrol!! :p but i dont really like the green wheels and gears. i am going to paint either one that i get, dont know what colors yet. do u have any ideas? also can u please check out my paintjob on my 350z? it should be in the ZipZaps fourms section and the mods section. and the wing does not look THAT good... oh well, mightn change my mind! :D

Keher

P.S. be happy!

Racer9
11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Cool. It looks pretty good!

BTW Is this a direct copy from the RSC post or is the RSC post a direct copy of this? Huh?

I really need some cash for this and the MT SS with FS and AWD!

rfnagel
11-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Racer9
BTW Is this a direct copy from the RSC post or is the RSC post a direct copy of this? Huh?

Either/and/or LOL! -:)

Racer9
11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
which one?

Do you think that if you copied the front drive to the rear as well and made the rear suspension like the front (Make it so it can't steer or have 4WS) that it would drive anybetter or just be plain cool? That would be sweet!

rfnagel
11-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Racer9
which one?

All of the above LOL!

Many times I'll compose a message offline and then post it to several message boards, just to save myself a bunch of typing -:)

Do you think that if you copied the front drive to the rear as well and made the rear suspension like the front (Make it so it can't steer or have 4WS) that it would drive anybetter or just be plain cool? That would be sweet!

I have no idea LOL. Quite honestly, I've done very few mods to all of my ZipZaps. About the only real "mod" that I've ever done is to convert some of my original Zaps controllers to use a power adapter instead of batteries.

That, and my "Daddy Thornberry Amputation", which can hardly be even considered a real "mod" in the first place LOL! -:)

Racer9
11-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know? I think rfnagel should try first! Then you will not only have the best looking MT but the best performing (As long as you don't screw up)

rfnagel
11-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Just a couple 'o' cool and interesting looking pics, untill I get the higher quality images posted to my ZipZaps Stuff web page -:)

Namuna
11-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Some really sweet shots there rfnagel!

If you don't mind a little tip...You can diffuse that harsh flash reflection (on your last picture) by putting something like a pringles (as in the potato chips) lid in front of the flash. Since the lid isn't completely opaque, it'll still let light through.

rfnagel
11-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Glad ya liked the pics -:) Excellent idea for using the flash, thanks for the tip!!

I really wish that the quality was better, the original 1600x1200 images aren't all that clear. I still don't have access to my own digital camera (my father has it, and is out of town for the next two weeks), and the one that I borrowed from a friend of mine really sucks. Thing looked like it had traveled through the sewer system a few times LOL!

Anyhow, I'll prolly eventually re-take all of the pics when my father returns my camera. Hehe, I prolly took 120 shots just to pic out the best dozen and a half or so LOL!

(Edit) P.S. The background/showroom is the "Hobbico Model Maker Display Cases and Accessories" link on my Zaps Stuff web page -:)

Coral rock courtesy of my front yard LOL!

Namuna
11-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by rfnagel
Anyhow, I'll prolly eventually re-take all of the pics when my father returns my camera. Hehe, I prolly took 120 shots just to pic out the best dozen and a half or so LOL!

Hehe, ain't Digital Photography wonderful? I STILL have to go through the 930+ pictures I took on our trip to Kaua'i and this is going back MONTHS ago!

So, what cam gear ya got?

rfnagel
11-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Hehe, actually my own digital camera is an older model, nothing all that special.

I have an Olympus D-360L, and although the specs are no where near as high as the camera that I borrowed from my friend, the images that it takes are 100 times better. I'm guessing that it was simply the condition of his camera, looks like it's been out on way too many fishing trips LOL!

Anyhow, although my camera is an older model, the pics that it takes are relatively nice. This is the camera that I took all of my previous Zaps pics with for my web page (except for the 60-7002.jpg, 607025_0.jpg, and jeeps.jpg images), although the original large-resolution images were all 1280x960, before I resampled them down and pasted them together.

P.S. The first pics that I posted in this thread were with my webcam.

Namuna
11-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Olympus D-360L? 1.3mp camera??!! <FAINT>

My GOD MAN!!! It's time for a new camera! Go to Target and pickup the Vivitar 3.3mp Digicam (http://weeklyad.target.com/target/listing_detail.asp?storeid=2395007&listingid=-2097647293&ref=%2Ftarget%2Fcategory%5Fbrowse%2Easp%3FStoreID% 3D2395007%26CatTreeID%3D136422%26ViewMode%3D0%26cl icksrc%3D01%26StartRow%3D21) they've got on sale for $77 !

Do SOMETHING!!! :eek:

rfnagel
11-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Olympus D-360L? 1.3mp camera??!! <FAINT> My GOD MAN!!! It's time for a new camera!

ROTFLOL! Yep, I need to get off my butt and get a new one, especially as cheap as ther are now... even the nicer ones -:) Thanks for the link, I'll check it out ASAP -:)

Namuna
11-19-2004, 07:13 PM
I'll even sweeten the pot...

Use this code to get an additional 10% off at Target.com!
TCAMAZNBBCPN