PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. I wanna do a wheelie real bad

Speedking221
08-06-2004, 10:59 PM
I have a Boss 302, Nos engine Red Gears All Season Front Wide in back and I wanna pop a wheelie so bad... it is a zz and I don't know if putting bigger tires on the back will help maybe I should get it fet'd I dunno someone please help. The battery is stock it is nimh 1.2 volt is there any way to get a 2.4v in there I just wanna pop a wheelie real bad it keeps playing in my head over and over... its a little weird cuz i've never done one so please replyzznos

Jtskty
08-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Hmm, I would say fets, dual cell, grippy tires in back, no tires on front, wheelie bar, and no front stabilizer.

Edit - Actually a upside down stabilizer would be best.

Sawblade
08-15-2004, 10:22 PM
A dual cell mod and blue gears (blue gives the highest torque), made all my ZZs be able to pop wheelies on stock tires. If all you're interested in is wheelies put the second battery over your rear wheels if you can.

This truck of mine does a wheelie every time it moves forwards, and it's a little annoying when you need to turn because the front wheels are off the ground most of the time...

http://www.gvtc.com/~sawblade/zzf150.jpg

DailyDriver
09-01-2004, 12:07 PM
if you really want a wheelie machine, its all about batteries! really, 2x 1.2v nimh batteries with the blue gears yeah on a full charge it pop the wheels, keep in mind as illustrated in the truck above you can cheat a little by placing the batteries over or even behind the rear wheels. i have the same truck, well alomost except mine is a quad cell 4x1.2v nimh, its purely a show truck 2 batteries under the pcb and 2 in the bed of the truck (by the way the bed will fit 3 batteries or more why not build a trailer of batteries was my idea.) and not effective for drving, there comes a point when you are just throwing to much at the rear wheels and it becomes uncontrollable. so in a nutshell round up a couple of batteries( 2x 2.4v 70 nimh batts. out an SE work the same) as i said 3 or more is a wheelie machine, i swear my truck when you hit the throttle it bunny hops like "deaths hemi".actually i am now going to paint it pink and call it the "pink bunny / playboy" truck. also once yu have hit that so called point of max power within controll, bodies are useless because you have to run the fat tires all around. which means dremmel'ng out the front wheel wells and on some models after that car just dont look right. bodies are for display, power is for racing.

btrc

Twenty-Se7en
09-12-2004, 12:27 AM
what is really sad is that I have a walmart MotorWorks dodge charger and with fresh Alklines in the charger if I throw the car into reverse then in forward I do a weelie for about a foot.... STOCK... these ZipZaps just don't have the power... Thinking about modding the motor from my MotorWorks to fit into my Zip but the Motorworks is hardwired ... haven't looked at it enough to see what exactly I have to do but I will let everyone know what happens and what kind of results I get when I do it.

crazydave
09-12-2004, 08:11 PM
You really want to do wheelies, you need FETs, but thta's that's not enough, you need a SE battery, twice the voltage, with minimal weight gain. Then you need traction. I find Tomy pullbacks the best for slick surfaces like kitchen floors.

...but that was not enough for me, I had to add one more SE battery for my Project: Prostocker.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/albums/userpics/10007/gprostack.jpg

Darn thing wheelied so good, too good. So I had to create a functional shock absorbing wheelie bar to keep the front end down

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/albums/userpics/10007/gprostack3.jpg

Here's a video:
Project: Prostocker Taming Da Beast (http://crazybydesign.net/crazycars/prostock.wmv)

Here's my gallery dedicated to the build up of this car.
Project: Prostocker Gallery (http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/thumbnails.php?album=54)

eldiablo784
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I was able to pull wheelies in my Boss Mustang fairly easily. I have the purple motor with blue gears. I stripped out all of the wires and plastic underneath my top that is associated with the lights (I don't have an SE so I don't need the lights to work) to lighten up the car. I used the coffee stirrer straw antenna holder idea from the zipzaps website, but I left it 6 inches long and stuck a nail through the top for weight. I had to make the hole for the antenna bigger with a drill. The antenna is long, but its a toy so its not too bad looking. I got a black straw that looks pretty good. When you don't want to pull wheelies, you can take the nail out of the top. With the nail in the antenna, it has a tendency to flip when you turn sharply. To pull a wheelie, you just have to get a little backward momentum and then go forward and it'll ride a wheelie all the way across the floor. Good Luck!

miatafreak
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
would it wheelie if u just taped an extra battery to the body?

kehern15
11-02-2004, 05:40 PM
but wont that look weird, with an extra battery on the back? :confused:

viperdout
11-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Stacked fets, a stripped out Boss 302 body, Phast motor, red gears with the wide, single cell, and stickies in the back allow me to wheelie, yet still keep in on the ground enough to drive it. I had dual cells for a little while, but it was just too damned fast for my house.