PDA

View Full Version : Shiney Skyline

killboy
10-15-2002, 06:14 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/p72cd4a06fcab4f325a6c43758f369413/fd2a52a6.jpg

More Pics Here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291297165)

Hey Tiny, where's that album? :D

killboy
10-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Thnx. Airbrushed the main color and the clear coat. Brushed on the windows and other small details.

datamonster
10-15-2002, 04:31 PM
that's amazing. i wish i could paint like that...

MTL
10-15-2002, 04:45 PM
heh it looks shinier than my black skyline
nice detail painting

DriveWRX
10-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Nice paint! :D What did you use?

How did yo lower the front end? Gives it killer looks! :cool:
Can it still steer properly?

Keep up the excellent work!

leobese
10-15-2002, 10:07 PM
WOW!!
nice shinny paint!
how did u lower the body?

d00kie
10-15-2002, 10:46 PM
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
Its probably one of the best paint jobs out there for a Bit :D.

Man, the color just looks ultimately unique, maybe you should do that to the spoiler too.

I believe that what I'm seeing is a clear RX-7 body with a clear coat of blue. Interesting, I might try using clear paints on my skyline when it gets here. Only problem is, getting the clear paint (hav to order em' online :(; shipping + wait ).

I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
Should I continue?

payaso
10-15-2002, 10:51 PM
whoops

MTL
10-16-2002, 02:00 AM
R....X...7????
a MAZDA SKYLINE???? yeah right...

sorry but u just wasted your time typing all that

killboy
10-16-2002, 03:28 AM
Wow, so many nice comments. Thanks YAWL! :p

And dookie...man...that's some impressive enthusiasm...it must have taken you forever to type that. I'm going to hook you up. Email Me. (killboy@killboy.com)

Originally posted by MTL
R....X...7????
a MAZDA SKYLINE???? yeah right...

sorry but u just wasted your time typing all that

I think he was referring to the blue Rx-7 in my Photo Album (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291297165) link from the first message. ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p8f04555c9621afa0dfb92f689b852dc4/fd3524ab.jpg

To lower the body, I lowered the front tab on the chassis using someone else's method, sorry I forgot who. :confused: Basically you sand off the "stepped down" edge of the tab that holds the front of the body on, then you glue a piece of plastic up under that and let it stick out and grab the body. It'll be at a lower spot since it's up under where the normal tab was. One layer wasn't low enough for me, so I sanded off that and went down one more tab.

It drives ok on some bodies, but on others, like the Rx-7, I had to sand down the inner wheel wells to let it steer properly.

I used Testers enamel paints and clear coat.

d00kie
10-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Ok killboy I emailed ya.

MTL, I guess I should have stated that I viewed his picture gallery and saw that unbelievable RX-7. I'm asian, we're supposed to know our imports hehe :D.

One more time Killboy, here I go!
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7
I LOVE YOUR RX-7

SPEED
10-16-2002, 05:15 PM
That looks awsome!!!!! How did you do the rims like that???

killboy
10-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Thnx. The rims are kinda beat up, I need to repaint them. I just used a really small brush and painted the spokes and center with flat black enamel Testers paint.

MTL
10-17-2002, 02:01 AM
useing a clear cloat on the factory paint is ok...it wont mess it up..
i suggest using a spray can of clear coat, instead of brushing it on

MTL
10-17-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by d00kie

MTL, I guess I should have stated that I viewed his picture gallery and saw that unbelievable RX-7. I'm asian, we're supposed to know our imports hehe :D.

woops sorry about that too...no prob
im asian too :D

yep that rx7 rocks...but i just spent 45 minutes cutting holes in my rx7 hood...and bumper...its sweeter now :D im gonna paint it black maybe

killboy
10-17-2002, 03:42 AM
Well it was 2 o'clock in the morning here when you posted that last one, so don't expect a rush of replies too quickly. ;)

Clear enamel is what I sprayed the Skyline with, but I wouldn't recommend it and will probably not be using it alone anymore. Pure enamel is very soft, even after curing for days, and is not meant to be handled. I ended up with indentions all in the finish of that car by carrying it for a day in a foam cushioned case. :rolleyes:

I believe you can add hardner to enamel to make it more durable. You can also use acrylic clear which is very hard (durable) and dries fast, but I've heard someone say don't use acrylic, so I'm going to do some more research.

The tricky part about clear coating is getting the right amount on the car. It's hard to do from a spray can, because they spray so much. I used an airbrush and it still took me about 3 cars before I got the coverage just right. Too little and you end up with "Orange Peel". (finish is rough and wrinkled...looks like the surface of an orange) Too much and you get runs and too much thickness in dips and cracks, which doesn't look normal.

NorCalCoug
10-17-2002, 11:29 AM
WOOOHOO!!! Another person with a SLAMMED RX-7. :D Nice job there killboy :)

This body is now officially my 'test' body (since I put two small cracks in it :() so I gotta buy another, but you've definitely inspired me to do a really good job on the next one. This one is gonna get gutted for more weight savings and become my drag body now. ;)

ZBsk8r
10-19-2002, 09:50 AM
That's definitly one of the best paint jobs ive seen. I just gotta go paint my rims black now. The lowered body really gives it a good look.

DriveWRX
10-19-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey NorCalCoug,

NICE RX-7!!!!! :D :D :D

How did you lower the rear end like that?
Do you have a pic of the rear of the car?

Thanks!

NorCalCoug
10-19-2002, 10:25 PM
I don't have a pic of the rear, but I just cut a slot for the chassis tab a little bit higher than the 'stock' slot for the tab. Dremel is your friend. ;)

was ist los?
10-19-2002, 10:48 PM
how guys, the rx7s look GREAT! though mine isnt slammed, its lowered with a body kit.

NorCalCoug
10-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Just picked up a Supra and NSX body today. Look for them slammed at a thread near you, coming soon. ;)

"Nurse, dremel."