PDA

View Full Version : DTM X4 Manual/User guide

Mondo
07-04-2004, 04:51 PM
I recently bought an ABC DTM X4, pre-owned.
Needless to say it didn't come with a manual. I've hunted thru ABC's website, which is in Japanese :)

Any chance that someone can scan a copy and Post it?

cdog4w
07-06-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't have one myself, but you might try horizon hobby's website. They had the manual for the DRR and might have some ABC manuals (if you can call it a manual).

avenan
07-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I have one I'd be glad to scan. Can't do it right now -- its 9 pages including a supplementary insert, and its getting late here. If I don't put a URL up in the next couple of days, feel free to send mail through here to me.

Mondo
07-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by avenan
I have one I'd be glad to scan. Can't do it right now -- its 9 pages including a supplementary insert, and its getting late here. If I don't put a URL up in the next couple of days, feel free to send mail through here to me.

Thanks a million. Much appreciated :)

avenan
07-10-2004, 11:35 AM
http://www.cadre.org/rc/dtm_x4/

Let me know if any sheet is particularly hard to read -- they're a little wrinkled, but I can always rescan. Enjoy.

Mondo
07-11-2004, 09:26 AM
avenan

Thanks a million. I saved the pics and will re-size and print them.

Next question: Does anyone have the bearing sizes for the X4.
I am going to be fitting a Mamba Brushless into the X4 with an AAA 7.2V pack, so I need to replace the bushes with bearings.

I currently have the 5400 kV Mamba so the DTM should be a flyer with this installed.
The Mamba was destined for my XRay M18, but I've decided to fit a 6800 kV unit in that.

Stay tuned for pics once I've sourced the bearings, which are a must before the Brushless gets installed.

Mondo
07-16-2004, 08:37 AM
Believe this or not. When doing a search on the 'Bay for a DTMX4, I came across a UK Seller who had a DTM X4 bearing kit for 7.50 + 1.50 P&P so, it cost me 9.00 or about $12.00
A lot cheaper than the $30 pricetag I saw at a U.S. Etailer.

I am a happy man :)

avenan
07-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I think you may have issues putting a round can motor in the x4 -- the drive shaft sits directly below the motor. You could probably come up with a way to mount it higher, at the cost of a high CG, and an additional pinion...its doable, but will take some modifying. I'd be interested to see how you manage to do it. :)

If you want larger pictures, I have them -- the originals are much higher resolution, but quite large.

Mondo
07-30-2004, 09:15 AM
avenan

Thanks again, those oirignal scans were just fine, they've been saved on one of my Servers and are more than adequate for reference purposes.

I got the bearing kit, a bargain at the price and will be tearing the X4 down for a complete rebuild over the weekend.
This will enable me to work out whether the brushless motor will fit or not. The can diameter is quite small, so it's going be close if it does fit. If it doesn't, then I will stick with the ABC 180 sized motor.
I've attached a few pics of it, it got it RTR, as in it came with the following:

Shredder 27MHz RX
Team Orion Flash ESC
7.2V NiMh Battery pack
Hitech HS81 Servo

The car has been used, but only a little. Zero scratches under the chassis and no wear on the tires.
The original owner bought it to race at a local (Mini-Z) club, but the Z owners protested about the DTM X4's performance and wouldn't let him compete with it, so he sold it.