PDA

View Full Version : Got my Mini Giant

micro kid
06-03-2004, 07:12 PM
got my VMG yesterday and its alot of fun except the thing eats batts and the stock motor has no tourqe but thats easy to fix really high quality car IMO

slugbugg
06-03-2004, 08:39 PM
I like my mini giant.
I have installed bearings and I run it on the venom 7 cell pack and it runs for 30 to 45 minutes on a charge.

you may have some binding with the nylon bushings if your still running on those.When I installed the bearings I found one red nylon bushing that was locked to the shaft on a gear in the center gearbox.The bearings are worth the money.

tinyrc
06-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Yep, the VMG is a blast - make sure you get the Hex pack, bearings, and wheelie bar though for maximum enjoyment. I just got the Fireball, but have yet to try it out - should be pretty awesome! :D

btrc

micro kid
06-04-2004, 07:38 PM
would big block motors for micro RS4's and Mini T's fit in it? I'm planning on an axel mounted servo and a mini T pack in the middle of the chassis but ill probly go with the hex pack.

sawhit4
06-09-2004, 08:31 PM
so when you say the middle of the chassis you mean above the gearbox? if so then i would reconsider if you want a crawler. putting it there will raise the cog and might cause it to flip to easily. just my $0.02

micro kid
06-10-2004, 08:07 PM
ive seen it done and seen video of the truck running and it dont flip and the vertical cog doesnt change it will move forward in the chassis where the steering servo sits normaly