PDA

View Full Version : To bank, or not to bank

stsbx
05-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Long story short, I'm splitting what was going to be a mega track (covering three 3'x6' tables in my garage) into a 3'x6' rally track and a 3'x12' oval track and am down to the little details.

Anyways, the oval track will be 12'x3'. Not the best widgth for that length, but I am going to make a lot of area at either end available for turning.

I'm looking at having the lanes 9" wide, so that I can have a nice interior area for a road course that will also use a large part of the oval, but the lanes will expand out to around 18" at either end about 2-3 feet from the end.

Going to be racing Bits, Zips, and SuperSlicks.
Anybody had any experience with banking said cars/scales?

I'm thinking that the SuperSlicks will be at almost top speed at that distance. Rolling them through the corners is not something I want to do
:D however I'm not sure that banking on such a small scale will do all that much.

I will be doing the track mockups this weekend before I finalize everything, and will probably try without banking at first.

Jtskty
05-05-2004, 07:36 PM
People have made banked turns before so I guess they work. Be sure to post pics. I am especially interested in the rally track.