PDA

View Full Version : my xmod suspension install 75% done

Tbird Man
04-14-2004, 11:26 PM
hey all this is my xmod suspension install. sorry for the MS paint and the hacked up photo of another minix but i have no digi cam and no time to scan in pics.

Tbird Man
04-14-2004, 11:36 PM
and 2 I am done with one side, but the other side came out wrong, i am useing 2mm CF sheet from www.arts-hobby.com

Cian
04-15-2004, 08:41 AM
looking Good! as always a couple of Q's!!!

1. Does this interfere with the Diff?
2. How are you fixing it to the existing arm?
3. How will this improve the suspension? (i.e more/less travel . faster response/stiffer springs???)

O/T, does anyone know if or where I can buy a bare chassis, I'm looking for just the bottom plate, nothing more. I reckon shaving the suspension stops has caused more probs than it has cured...

Tbird Man
04-16-2004, 01:11 AM
no it does not interfere with the diff, the shocks set in the front "bumper" in holes in the CF plate. the arms have holes drilled into the side just in from the corner and the hing pin holds the rest. this makes for a smoother suspension and could make for a greater clearence, the hardest part was makeing the brass bushings to hold the shocks out some from the arm plates. also if you go to xpress's site they link to a US online distrib that has the chassis only.

Tbird Man
04-17-2004, 11:01 PM
well i got the suspension done and i will post a pic soon, i also made an upper chassis brace.

Cian
04-19-2004, 08:46 AM
well done, keep us posted!

Tbird Man
04-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Pics as promised

Tbird Man
04-19-2004, 09:10 PM

Tbird Man
04-19-2004, 09:22 PM
and a quick mov.

Tbird Man
04-19-2004, 09:40 PM
keep watching for a rear mod

3series takumi
04-21-2004, 02:36 AM
that is sooooo nice!!. wow i may just get back into minix :)

cdog4w
04-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Thats just awesome. I've been having much car trouble, but once I get everything running I might try to do something similar. I'd use aluminum since I have it on hand and CF is expensive/difficult to work with. Can't wait to see rear pics.

Tbird Man
04-22-2004, 08:10 PM
It only cost 30.00 for a 12x6in sheet of 2mm CF and it cuts fairly easily with a dremel. the worst part is the mess and the fact that it acts like fiberglass in the itch dept.

Cian
04-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Speaking of car trouble, any body know why my car goes quicker in reverse than forwards??

Tbird Man
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
sounds like the motor Is running backwards, out of time. the motor is usually advanced timed. runs faster one way than the other. on a mini x you just swap the motor leads and flip the diffs

Cian
04-27-2004, 07:00 AM
ahh I never flipped the diffs, just swapped leads...

I'll give that a go this evening, along with mounting my new Scooby Body...

thanks!

sawhit4
05-02-2004, 08:25 PM
why not just drive it backwards? :D I havnt been to the mini x fourm in a while. What happned to this place its like everyone left

cdog4w
05-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Yea, not many people around anymore. This site used to be a daily ritual, but hasn't been much to come back for of late. I might have something worth posting later on, we're trying to get a micro class going at a local 1/10 carpet track. I can tell you how my modified Mini-X competes with an X-Ray m18 and my DTM SP etc. I'm replacing the stock mini-X RX with a novak XXL since I've been having glitch trouble with the stock (not everywhere).

Cian
05-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah the traffic here ebbs and flows quite a bit. I reckon the "Faster in reverse" problem is because I shaved off the back suspension stops, so there more friction going forward than in reverse. When I looked at the rear pinion gear it had melted slightly and was crooked, so I wasn't getting any drive to the rear wheels. A new Bottom deck should sort it out; I've been in touch with the shop to get a new one. At the moment I have one X running with 6 cells, a "bb can & Neos" motor, and stock electronics. The other has a FM receiver, Futaba MC230CR ESC, and 6 1/3AAA cells. I'm also running bearings all round, and Kyosho Overland Tires. It's almost as fast as my Z, though the Kawada Mid leaves them all standing...

sawhit4
05-04-2004, 07:23 PM
im working in bigger tires and and stretched chassis. Im not using the tires most people use though. Im using bigger (i think) lego tires.

Cian
05-05-2004, 12:01 PM
cool, what are you using to stretch the chassis? are you going to use a longer driveshaft, or are you running 2WD?

e_lm_70
05-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by cdog4w
Yea, not many people around anymore. This site used to be a daily ritual, but hasn't been much to come back for of late. I might have something worth posting later on, we're trying to get a micro class going at a local 1/10 carpet track. I can tell you how my modified Mini-X competes with an X-Ray m18 and my DTM SP etc. I'm replacing the stock mini-X RX with a novak XXL since I've been having glitch trouble with the stock (not everywhere).

:D :D

I have both M18 & Mini-X ... the M18 has 400% more power and 300% more grip & handling ...no way to compate ...

On my Track my Mini-X was far slower then ABC DTM

For how come from 1/10 ... I guess only the M18 could be sensefull to race ...

e_lm_70

sawhit4
05-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Im using a plastic from the bottem of an old container in my gerage. I didnt stretch the part that holds that electronics just the little parts that extend from that. Then i cut the front and the back parts of the chassis off and attached them on the old chassis and adjusted them to proper distance from the electronics part to compensate from the larger wheels. I hope you understood that it was kinda confusing