PDA

View Full Version : New Tires!

YeLLoW GT-R R34
03-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Instead of using the Super Slick tires, use ZIP ZAP Tires. The Water-Tread ones really work better than the SS ones. I turn better now and don't spin out as much. I tend to slide more now :D

charliebrown
03-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by YeLLoW GT-R R34
Instead of using the Super Slick tires, use ZIP ZAP Tires. The Water-Tread ones really work better than the SS ones. I turn better now and don't spin out as much. I tend to slide more now :D

Water Tread= All Season tires, right?

Chuckster...

YeLLoW GT-R R34
03-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Basically, Water Tread=All Season in the Initial D Tuner kit. I think water treads fit better.

Rotary Freak
03-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Maybe its just me, but I find this to be a bit flawed. Granted, it does work. I noticed alot more grip and better handling, but after driving at top speeds and doing alot of high speed turns I've found that my right front tire will lose grip, "blow out" (slip off the axle), and cause the car to roll over. I am going to try to find a different all season/water tread to replace that tire with to see if it corrects the problem.

Edit: Yeah, fixed it. It works pretty nice now. I drove out in the garage (flat concrete) with a new tire and it worked much better.