PDA

View Full Version : Motor cap

cdog4w
03-03-2004, 03:22 AM
Since I just burned out my 4WD motor, I'm fixing up the 2WD motor have laying around (mini-x 2WD motor specifically). I already replaced the mags with ones from a spinbrush and I just did a water break in. I was going to just use the cap that was attached to the 4WD motor (since the 2WD doesn't have one), but I wanted to ask if it matters enough to possibly replace it with something better while I'm at it? The only identifying marks on it are that its brown, has a 104 in green on one side and a weird diamondy shame on the other. I'm guessing its got a decent V capacity (most have way more than we run in our cars), but would increasing the farad rating do anything useful?

Up until the motor died, I didn't have any range trouble, so I shouldn't mess with something that seems to work?

Thanks.

cdog4w
03-06-2004, 06:17 AM
http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14506&highlight=torque+tuned
5th down seems to have an answer

Cian
03-07-2004, 04:13 PM
the cap on the motor is just to reduce the interference / noisegenereated by the motor, changing it won't improve the performance, they're like the beads you get with some ESCs.