PDA

View Full Version : Epoch Spec 2 FET mod IS possible

micro_Amps
02-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Just thought I'd share this with you guys.
I wont be doing these mods for people, but just wanted to show that it IS possible to fet mod these cars to get more speed and torque out of them.
This car doesnt belong to me so you may see more of it once it gets back to its owner in the USA.
http://www.microamps.com.au/images/EpochFetMod.jpg
The small PCB mounted on the motor has a Stage 2 fet mod wired up like an "external turbo" (to use a Miniz term).
It really does make a difference. Its covered in epoxy to keep it secure, thats why its not perfectly clear in the pic.
More details at the website listed in the sig line below......
:) uA

JackD
03-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Just got the car this weekend. The FET 4 cell is another masterpiece by Micro Amps. The FET mod takes the 4 cell to the next level in terms of acceleration and top speed. This weekend this car absolutely smoked my friends mini z and xmod in both drag racing and on a fairly technical race track. All of this speed, and we're still using the stock motor !!! For those of you who are hard core rc racers this mod is an absolute must.

I am a total speed freak and I couldn't be more pleased with this machine.

theone&only....
06-11-2004, 02:28 PM
micro amps could you post how to do it. i did this drwaing of how i would do it.

jasonip
08-04-2004, 09:43 AM
theone&only....

I think that your circuit is resonable for most RC unit (something like stacking mosfet on mini-z) But I have to tell you that the controlling unit is a little bit different from that. It use an IC : LB1638M in controlling the motor.
When you look at the datasheet of this IC, you will found that it look like an integrated H-bridge circuit.

LBRC
01-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Here's a little different turbo this one was originally designed by Microsash I believe. I ended up using double stacks of IRF 7317's in mine see the photos:Spud Thread (http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21079)