PDA

View Full Version : Off Road Tires ?

Lunatek
02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
For my first attempt at tttt I've got a MAN 5t (roco #470).
It came with stock military tires. I've seen on other trucks an off road tire with a more aggressive "knobby" tread.(see attached sample picture).

Does anyone out there know is this tire from the Roco off road tire set, or is it the from the Herpa off road tire set ?

Is there a difference in tire size between Roco & Herpa off road tire sets?

Will they work on my Roco #470 rims.

Thanks for the info.

Thorsten
02-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Hi Lunatek,
there are different tyres availible by Roco. Just take a look at you local modelrailroad dealer.
I suggest you to buy a 4- axle military-truck with the tyres you wish. I think the heavy trucks comes with the tyres you searching.
Maybee there is also a sparepart-box with tyres availible.

The herpa tyres are a little bit smaller. If you want to use this, you have to change the complete wheels.
Sometimes it looks better to change the herpa wheel into the roco wheels, so you it looks like a little "monstertruck" ;-)

Rubbertyres are also availible at (surely an incomplete list):

trident (mostly onroad wheels availibe as ad on)
Faller (spare parts of the "Faller Car System)
Herpa (availibe as "Offroadtyres" ad on)
Roco (mostly the trucks come out with rubbertyres)
Brekina (old time onroad wheels)
Busch (there are a lot of different rubbertyres in a box availible to put it in a railroadwaggon as charge)

best regards

Thorsten

www.mikromodell.de

marc12
02-29-2004, 11:12 AM
theres like 3 diffrent types of cool tires on tttparts (http://ttt-parts.org)

Thorsten
02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi Marc,
the correct adress would be tttt-parts.org

In my opinien are the black offroad ones (SG-1002-GR) very good of offroad fun. (take a look at "Felgen")
But this are dont scale tyres for normal trucks I think ;-)

best regards

Thorsten

www.mikromodell.de

marc12
02-29-2004, 06:34 PM
sorry

here ttt tires (http://ttt-parts.org)

Lunatek
03-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the information everyone.
I'm trying to identify the tires in the attached photo. ( I'll try again to attach the photo, it didn't work my first post)
Are the pictured tires roco #625-549 or herpa #326-50548
The above part numbers are for the tires sets in question and can be seen at www.walthers.com

Thanks again for all of your help!

Lunatek
03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
here's a couple links to the walthers pages:

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/625-549

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/326-50548

Overlander
03-02-2004, 06:44 PM
These are Viking tires. Available from discounttrainsonline.com.

Lunatek
03-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info Overlander, but I think the Viking tires in the picture are of large farm equipment impliment tires. They would be too big for my HO truck. Great for a monster truck though, maybe my next truck will be a TTTT monster. That would be cool.
The ones I've seen are a knobby all terrain tire like in the picture I posted earlier.

My thanks go out to all of you for the information, you guys are great for sharing your experience with a "newbe".

mde
03-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Yesterday at Walmart in Burnaby BC Canada I saw 1/32 Ertl Quad runner diecasts with nice detailed knobby tires and chrome rims.

Overlander
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
The pics you posted look like basic Roco tires. Most of the Rocco trucks come with that type of tire. But not all do, so look around.

Thorsten
03-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi,
Overlander youre right. The tyres on the picture are basic roco tyres, I know the truck. It is Harrys 3.5 to MAN

best regards

Thorsten

www.mikromodell.de

Lunatek
03-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Thank you for all of your help.

Looks like I'll be placing an order for the Roco tire set.

Thanks again.

mde
03-08-2004, 08:30 PM
I just picked up 2 of those 1/32 Ertl quad runners today for 5.25 cdn for both. The tires are rubber with a nice tread patter although it is an ATV trad pattern.

You can aslo get them with olive drab rims and the sand tan coloured rims.

The rim diameter is 8mm and the od of the tires is 18mm, width is 7.23mm.

I'll pick up more of these since they will grip on rock and wood too.