PDA

View Full Version : Cian's Receipe for Toasted ES-01 Speed controllers

Cian
02-10-2004, 07:43 AM
This is a little something I cooked up over the weekend.

Ingredients:
---------------

1. Airtronics/Sanwa ES-01 ESC
2. Airtronics 27mhz receiver
3. one mini-x chassis
4. a 7.2 brick cell battery, fully charged. (mine I bought from Blind Batteries.com)
5. One mini-x motor in a BB can with strong Neo Magnets

Method:
----------

Connect the ingredients as per manufacturer's instructions.
Switch radio on. Switch Car on. Remove battery once ESC golden brown or room fills with smoke and smell of burning circuit boards.... :eek:

Guess I'll have to try a Bigger ESC... ;)

edit: Basically , in english, I tried to use a Sanwa ES-01 Speed controller with a Fullly charged brick battery and it FRIED... I'm gonna use the Futaba MC230CR, and direct solder everything (but the battery) together...

potentiality
02-13-2004, 02:51 AM
I destroyed my RR stock esc by trying to hook my own receiver to it, so I also had to order...

http://www.ipdraceshop.com/prod_images_large/000EBD06-DFCD-1FDF-97B590194262D036.gif

Specs for the R-18 speed control:
Forward/Proportional brake
-Plug and Race setup
-Rated for continuous 18A and peak 22A
-Any micro motor up to speed 480 motor
-Input voltage 5 to 10 cells
-Dimensions 28x14x7mm
-Weight without leads 5 grams
-Internal resistance .0030 (ohms)
-Drive and brake frequency 1250 (Hz)
-B.E.C.
-Thermal protection
-Built in schottky diode
-Wire size 18(gauge) 441 strand pure copper super flex/silicone insulation

You might want to look at this ESC (Hey Tiny you should stock these). It's forward only, but that means its more efficient also. It also has real powerful brakes. The only thing is as you can see it doesnt take 4 cells.

BTW most real race cars dont have reverse. Reverse also adds to wear on drive train and motor.

Cian
02-13-2004, 05:14 AM
looks good! that's an aero ESC right? I'm using a 6 cell, 7.2 V pack , so I should be ok. thanks for the info!!

EDIT: my bad, checked the website, I've mailed then to see if they will ship overseas.

In the meantime, I'll take the Futabe out of the Micro I'm not using, and drop it in...

potentiality
02-13-2004, 08:03 PM
I wonder if it is one of the aeros rebranded for North America..
Anyhow the Aeros are pretty cool also (and you have more options).