---------------------------------------
mini x 6 cell mod
futaba mc230cr esc
pn racing bb case
pn racing carbon brushes
perfex tx rx

cdog4w
02-05-2004, 11:26 AM
I couldn't say for sure about either since I don't have them, tho I know takumi uses a bigger novak cap. He's got a thread about it somewhere. The 5.5V might be a problem, but I couldn't say for sure what affect it would have being under the battery voltage delivered by your 6 cells... (or even those 4 you posted).

As for the cells, remember that the battery pack batteries are tabless and (for me anyway) are already a tight squeeze to get in/out. I'm sure they'd work fine though.

How are the PN BB case and brushes working out for you? Any experience with the neo mags that PN sells? From what I understand they're weaker than the neos from draconius, but there's been lots of discussion about where the optimal magnet strength lies anyway.

Sorry I couldn't answer the questions, but hope it helps.

3series takumi
02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
be careful with neos. the more powerful they are , the harder the car is to drive. if you get off of the throttle too fast with Dracs magnets it slows down fast and shifts weight foward maybe when you dont mean to. and will you take off it shift to the back makin in hard to track straight unless you have toe in. but if you can gear the car to use the extra torque then it is all good

ben1112
02-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by cdog4w
As for the cells, remember that the battery pack batteries are tabless and (for me anyway) are already a tight squeeze to get in/out. I'm sure they'd work fine though.

How are the PN BB case and brushes working out for you? Any experience with the neo mags that PN sells? From what I understand they're weaker than the neos from draconius, but there's been lots of discussion about where the optimal magnet strength lies anyway.

Sorry I couldn't answer the questions, but hope it helps.

Im sure the batteries could fit cause i use sanyo 800s and they are a snug fit. As for the ball bearing can, it was a significant upgrade because there was alot of slop in the original. the brushes in the original can were carbon, so it's the same. BUT the brushes wear out really fast!

cdog4w
02-08-2004, 01:04 AM
How can you tell when the brushes are worn out?

3series takumi
02-08-2004, 05:07 AM
either your motor stops... like mine has. (only moves when you give it a push because of the timing change with when worn) or it it just friggin slow for no reason.

ben1112
02-08-2004, 05:31 AM
or you open up the can and see that all is lost.

cdog4w
02-08-2004, 01:59 PM
haha, "all is lost". thanks for the tips.

ben1112
02-09-2004, 06:27 AM
anyone has problem with heat? my x has enuff heat to burn my finger... hey.. it's only 70 turn you know... what will happen if i (plan to) put in a 30+ turn?

anyone has tips about weight distribution? reduction?

how abt my question on using higher voltage? i havnt got a ans.

cdog4w
02-09-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm surprised you have that much trouble with heat. If you have ball bearings on the car, and ball bearings on the motor, most people have said that everything runs pretty cool with just those hopups. (Correct me if I'm wrong) You should lube the diffs too if you haven't already.

Are you running on 4 cells now? Depending on how many of those PN cells you're planning on running, it should be fine. It can handle 6 of the 1.2V cells no problem, and I think I've heard of people running 7 on the stock esc.

As for weight distrobution and reduction, I guess you could shave up the chassis to cut some weight. The other place would be batteries, li-poly seems to be the super solution, but is way expensive and is very involved. I just ordered two 6 cell sets worth of 1/3AA, they're only 280mah but much smaller/lighter. I'll let you know how they run when I get them.

3series takumi
02-09-2004, 11:11 AM
a warm motor sounds like a tight diff problem to me. mine runs pretty cool. even after 40mins of drifting

ben1112
02-10-2004, 08:57 AM
that means i should loosen it? what about drifting?

ben1112
02-15-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by cdog4w
I'm surprised you have that much trouble with heat. If you have ball bearings on the car, and ball bearings on the motor, most people have said that everything runs pretty cool with just those hopups. (Correct me if I'm wrong) You should lube the diffs too if you haven't already.

Are you running on 4 cells now? Depending on how many of those PN cells you're planning on running, it should be fine. It can handle 6 of the 1.2V cells no problem, and I think I've heard of people running 7 on the stock esc.

As for weight distrobution and reduction, I guess you could shave up the chassis to cut some weight. The other place would be batteries, li-poly seems to be the super solution, but is way expensive and is very involved. I just ordered two 6 cell sets worth of 1/3AA, they're only 280mah but much smaller/lighter. I'll let you know how they run when I get them.

i am running on 6 cells... have bearings on everything, isnt binding i guess as it can cruise a lil futher when i let go throttle.. i used grease on most parts... the heat problem is so serious that the performance is greatly affected.. i have to let it cool down to regain original performance. i noticed that when i connect two batts direct to a motor it also runs very hot. does it mean that it's normal?

P.S. will handphone batteries work? are they good? what's the difference between Li-ion and Li-poly?

3series takumi
02-15-2004, 06:18 PM
there is a big difference between li-po and li-ions!

ben1112
02-17-2004, 07:23 AM
:P... oops... what can i do?
what i can think of is to change to neo magnets as they can operate in higher temperatures and use a capacitor as it said to make things cooler.. *when a capacitor has a 10v rating, does it mean it can pulse out 10v of power? my esc has an overcurrent protector, will it be affected?