PDA

View Full Version : control multiple tanks?

4-D
02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
can u control multiple tanks at once with the new ID Controller. just askeing because on thes web site http://shop.store.yahoo.com/toyisland/kocodiqconew.html it says u can:confused:

Combat-Digi-Q
02-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Ok let me clear this all up for you and anyone else who has questions about this controlling multiple tanks thing. There is no possible way to control the tanks seperatly. There is a way to control more than one tank at once. First you id one tank with the specific rom chip that goes to it. Then turn the controller of NOT the tank and insert another rom chip, id the second tank. So on and so forth if you have 3 or 4 tanks. Now you can control the two tanks at once but they will have the same movements. So if you had a gang of 5 tigers you could id them all to be controlled under 1 id. So you could set up huge and i mean huge bratalions of tanks. :D Hope this helped

4-D
02-03-2004, 06:56 PM
i see.
thanx

Comrade_Boris
02-05-2004, 03:14 PM
hehehe....with a bunch of money, i could see a re enactment of the Checkpoint Charley showdown betwen the east german t-34s and american pattons (would substitute with shermans).....

4-D
02-05-2004, 05:01 PM
that would be nice if u could more than 4.like some one with IR knowledge and mabey a palm pilot cudle do that.that would b off the HOOK.IF ONLEY OUR technology WAS MORE ADVANCED!!<just being dramatic

4-D
02-05-2004, 05:04 PM
etherway that sites false advertisement
:mad:

Combat-Digi-Q
02-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Lol its not false advertisement man, you CAN control more than one tank with the same controller. It doesnt say anything about controlling them independently now does it? Heh thats what I thought. But at least you can have like a whole platoon of these tanks just dueling it out!:D

4-D
02-06-2004, 01:30 AM
JUST WONDERING CAZ IVE GOT 1 COMEING ON THE WAY NOW I JUST NEED MY TAXS BACK TO GET MORE MORE MORE!!! MU HA HA HA HA!!:o

tobalt
02-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Actually, through a weird fluke, I was able to control 2 tanks simulaneously, using 1 controller. I just got the Tiger vs Sherman DX Set, and was trying to demostrate to a coworker how they work. I goofed, and lo and behold, when I went left, both tanks rotated left...was kinda weird/cool. It was like synchronized tanking...

If anyone wants to know, I can try and recreate what I did, and when I do I could possibly try and make a vid cap.

Draconious
02-17-2004, 05:18 PM
re read theis thread tobalt ;)

You can control 100 tanks with one transmitter, provided you dont care if they all do the same thing... just like any rc car with the same channel... after a while of syncronized tank formations, the formation would be out of formation due to obstacles, and the fact that not every tank rotates or moves EXACTLY the same amount...

4-D
02-17-2004, 05:50 PM
ya i did that simulaneous thing 2 . all u need is some music and 5 gouges "3.2, 3.3, 3.0 and 3.5!!!