PDA

View Full Version : abc dtm x4

nevwerg
04-22-2002, 11:39 PM
what kind of hop ups are available for this car?

ANY feedback involving this car or this car VS the SP

WILL

BE

VERY

APPRECIATED!

THANKS!!!!!!!

-nate

IcemanTOPGUN
04-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Read into it a bit, and you will get to the needed info.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1746

Or does tinyrc want us to start a need thread at this address?

tinyrc
04-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Well, might as well continue the discussion here after reading that one...

nevwerg
04-26-2002, 01:58 AM
i read it but am still indecisive about buying :)

super_micro
05-06-2002, 01:17 PM
i know that there is two of theose DTM's the sp and x4. ive heard many great things about the sp and its speed. But how fast can you get a x4. And also dos that long shaft motor limit you to what types of motors you can use? Iam a complete idiot and want to get either an x4 or an sp.
I need help :-()

tinyrc
05-06-2002, 08:05 PM
super_micro, as you suggested the complexity of 4WD results in the X4 being a lot slower than the SP. The SP is as fast and precise as it is simple. If you can afford it, get both, but if you have to chose, get the SP.

akura2
05-30-2002, 09:47 AM
Well a friend of mine has gotten an ABC DTM (not sp) up to 60 mph (on video at 56mph)... I own both and the potential of the X4 is slightly limited by the way the motor mounts... right now I have an Orion Elite Stock motor in mine and I DO believe you can put the mod motor in but the stock motor (which is 180 size) is quite fast with 7.2 v

Btman
05-30-2002, 05:55 PM
What is the largest battery that a DTM-x4 can take? How long is the run time between charges of the ABC battery pack? Can either the DTM-X4 or SP be made to run off 4AAA NI-MH loose cells if a battery holder and connector were purchased for them similar to the Dynamite Rocket Racer battery holder? Does ABC offer an inexpensive wall transformer type charger for the ABC battery packs used in these cars? I like the ABC cars, but it seems somewhat expensive once you add up everything you need to get up and running if you are starting with nothing.

akura2
05-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Well there is a 220Mah Battery Available...if you can find cells small enough with a higher rating by all means use them... I can't find any myself

The standard battery pack is good for about 15 minutes..(maybe a little less)

The SP can use AAA cells... the layout allows for up to 6 using the standard battery holder

And I haven't seen a charger.. but you can use a Tamtech wall charger if you can find one.. I think MRC still makes them...I have a Super Brain 959 and I made an adapter for my battery pak

Mondo
06-07-2002, 07:08 PM
I don't have an ABC DTM SP yet. It's on the 'must-have' list.
I wonder if the Team Orion 6V 1100mAh NiMh battery packs (for the HPI Micro RS4) would work on the ABC DTM SP?

akura2
06-08-2002, 09:35 AM
They are too big unfortunately...

irc
07-07-2002, 02:56 AM
Just as I thought this car could not possibly get any better I added a full bearing kit to it. I made my own kit using 4 Mini X #M0-02 bearing packs and 2 front wheel bearings from my Mini Z. The Mini X bearings will work in the front wheel hubs, rear axel and inside each diff! The Mini Z wheel bearings will fit the center shaft.This car rolls sooooooo smooth now it's amazing.

akura2
07-21-2002, 05:32 AM
I put an Orion elite stock motor (180) in mine and DAMN it's fast
I'll post a pic of the setup later