PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone here graduate elementary school?

binaryterror
10-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Not to harp on some of the users, but come on people!

There are times while reading through the posts, I get totally lost on what the people are asking about or mentioning. I know there are abbreviations for somethings online, and yes I can handle those, but outright mis-spellings of common words is making many posts un-readable and filled with useless ramblings (probably much like this post, eh? :))

Not to be the crazy english teacher (not my occupation either), but i would like to have some consideration for others who MIGHT just read my post.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get it out. Wouldn't it be funny if this is a re-post?

Undead98
10-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Nevermind.

Namuna
10-10-2002, 02:35 PM
Since I'm going to be moving this thread to the Misc. Discussions area...I'll comment.

Which is to say, I AGREE! Since about 80% of the posts on these boards are Help related (whether asking or giving it)...It's in people's BEST INTEREST to actually make their post legible and easy to understand (when you're asking for help that is).

I have a simple policy (for myself), if I can't make out what the heck you're asking (or even if I CAN make out what you're asking but I was annoyed at having to decipher it)...I'm NOT going to bother trying to help.

ax0n
10-10-2002, 04:30 PM
yu0 guys R teh sux0r. ;)

pardon my little mis-spellings. My mom's an English instructor and I have quite a few English classes under my belt from composition to technical writing. My internet grammEr skillz just take over 1ce in a while. :o

Mattydiah
10-10-2002, 04:57 PM
OMG MY ZERPZEP DEOYSNY STER TO TEH RIHT OR LFT. WHUT CNA I DO IU JSUT GOT HME FROM RIDAO SHAKC ADN MY MOM WOTN DRVE ME BAKC THEIR. HELP I NED FIXIN AVDICE HOW DO I GET TTHSI WOKRING AGIN?????/????/????????

ARG IIM SO FRSUSTRATDE!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

usagi
10-10-2002, 10:17 PM
No offence people, but there are people from other parts of the world on this board! English is a second form commucation for them ! I hate stupid post like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen them all of the r/c world and some people still don`t understand the concept of people speaking anything other then ENGLISH!:mad:

Deadite
10-10-2002, 10:27 PM
No hablo expanol!

usagi
10-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Deadite
No hablo expanol!
forgot about that one...........

Mattydiah
10-11-2002, 12:56 AM
I dont think he was bagging on people that dont speak the language very well. You can easily tell the difference between people who dont know English and people who are just too lazy to correct their English.

usagi
10-11-2002, 01:34 AM
I do understand that point.

Short hand writting pisses me off the most.

But some people just have a hard time spelling and putting grammar in the correct order. This is what I am bitching about don`t knock these people. The just don`t know how to write.

MTL
10-11-2002, 01:43 AM
thats the internet for yah
millions of people connect worldwide..but dont expect everyone to talk perfectly

binaryterror
10-11-2002, 06:02 AM
No this post was not intended to hit the people who speak English as a second language. Reading over many of Usagi's posts...he seems to know it quite well! English is not a fun language to learn. If we used better grammar and spelling many more not so fluent english speakers might be able to help them.

The people I intend to target is the American who can't even grasp his own language let alone think of attempted a second.

usagi
10-11-2002, 09:16 AM
:( people and learning a? some care and so don`t:(

striderpunk
11-25-2002, 06:36 PM
These days grammar is a rare find even on this site people speak in some code that should be used by the government also people who harass people over the internet for there limited language skills are no better than them.

P.S this applies to people who learned english first

Azimov
11-26-2002, 09:14 AM
I bought a dictionary. You'd be amazed how many words are in there. I'd bet the spelling of almost every english word can be gleened from the thing. :D

DarthRacer
11-26-2002, 11:57 AM
One URL:

www.dictionary.com