PDA

View Full Version : WOW...this booger is FAST

latency
10-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Ok, so I had to replace my Supra (not the bodywork, but the actual car) because of the break I did on my steering. Originally I had bought 4 cars, 3 performance upgrade kits...the ones with the turbos, not NOS...had to have a FULL garage! :)

Well, I broke out one of the 2 un-opened zaps tonight. Threw in a turbo from the last unopened performance kit, and this booger seems soooo much faster than my other car now, and it seems faster than my other 2 ever were. I have verified that they are both red motors, same red gearing, but with the new car, this was the first time I have ever flipped it in a turn on my track, and not just flipped, but flipped, then serveral barrel rolls. :eek:

What is weird though, when I line up all 3 of the turbos, the original 2 I had look pink, and this latest one looks more red. Probably just some difference in color of the engine cap, but I have to wonder if my other 2 cars were ever this fast, and they are just slowing down, and I am not noticing?

I have new batts in the new car's controller obviously, but I just put new batts in my other controller last night. This is such a noticable difference, and I never remember having this much trouble controlling it because of speed in the past.

Any of you seen similar behavior with a car you have had awhile, then opened a new one and it rocked your old?

Also, no need to post pictures of it, but I did the antenna mod tonight on my 27mhz controller. I was having some issues with reception on the back straight of my track, and after the upgrade, no more issues. I did not use a phone antenna, but the one from the 1/10 scale controller I destroyed last night for parts!! :D Just about 4 minutes of work, and I am very happy with the results.

:D