PDA

View Full Version : Cross-brand interchangable parts

FordTrucktexan
01-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey guys... I'm new to this stuff so tonight I picked up the motor and gear set for my Zip Zap (maybe one day I'll get an SE) I also picked up the 2f2f Skyline/Honda 2k body kit. Anyway...

I also have this little "Megatoys" (Zip Zap clone/knockoff) Mitsu. Evo, I had it apart while painting the body (it comes in kiddish blue, yellow, red colors) and lost the drive gear. So just to see if it would work, I put in the performance gear that came with my Zip Zap, low and behold it's a perfect fit. Going a step further, since I'm running the "Racing" motor in my real Zip Zap car, I put the "Turbo" motor in the Megatoys car, and man this little booger freakin' hauls now!! It can take my Zip Zap with the Racing motor and Racing gear/axle off the line, but in top speed there's no contest.

So, to sum it up.. Zip Zap motors and drive gears fit just fine in the Megatoys brand of cars... Now you have some value in your leftover Zip Zap parts.. Megatoys cars are available for about $5-$10 each at places like Eckards or Walgreens.

Sawblade
01-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Maybe I should go get a knock-off car to put all my extra ZZ motors in. :D

So did you ever get your u-joints replaced? ;)

FordTrucktexan
01-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Yea... had to pay my mechanic $90 to do it but I'm glad I did, he had to use a 20 ton press to get the front ujoint out.

Next mod party I'm going to have to get you to do some mods to my Zip zaps, if of course you don't mind :)

Sawblade
01-16-2004, 04:53 PM
As long as you got the stuff. :D

Here's mine...
http://www.gvtc.com/~sawblade/jeep.jpg