PDA

View Full Version : RS 50th Ann Corvette on sale

payaso
01-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Just like I said... I was in RS today looking around, and noticed the Corvette I just bought for $50 is marked down to $35... These are awesome cars at the $50 price tag, so I highly reccomend picking one up for $35...
1/43 scale
Enjoy.

silla

Btman
01-23-2004, 06:41 PM
These cars are basically the same chassis design as the 1/43 Vipers offered last year at Radio Shack as well as the DG master cars. Many things have been written about the pros and cons of these cars in the past. I personally have always like them but felt that the initial price of $49.99 kept them from being more popular. (especially now that xmods are out) The current price of $35 makes them more attractive. I bought one of the Vipers last year for only $9.99 on clearance. The Corvettes are already out of stock at many stores so they may not go as low. The fact that it is a 50th anniversary Corvette may make these sell faster than the Vipers without the need for drastic markdowns. I just bought one of the Corvettes as a companion to my Viper.

To me these cars are right in the middle as far as 1/43 scale rc cars are concerned. They have stepped proportional speed, steering and suspension which Superslicks lack, but they don't have the precision proportional control of Epoch indoor racers. They are even priced right in the middle.

These cars are available in either 27mhz or 49 mhz band. Each car and transmitter has an A,B,C channel switch. If there were 3-27MHZ cars and 3- 49MHZ cars in the same location, six cars can run at the same time.

If Radio Shack would have offered more body styles at the same time ala Xmods and Zip Zaps these cars would have probably been more successful.

payaso
02-12-2004, 03:20 AM
Finally had a chance to test my Corvette against a hopped X-mod, and my stock Corvette is more than twice as fast.... That's right, more than twice as fast.

it was dancing circles around the X-mod, and had the same amount of range.

Great cars for the money.

silla

charliebrown
02-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by payaso
Finally had a chance to test my Corvette against a hopped X-mod, and my stock Corvette is more than twice as fast.... That's right, more than twice as fast.

it was dancing circles around the X-mod, and had the same amount of range.

Great cars for the money.

silla

ARE YOU SURE????

The Corvette......over TWICE AS FAST as the Xmod?????

Chuckster...

payaso
03-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by charliebrown
ARE YOU SURE????

The Corvette......over TWICE AS FAST as the Xmod?????

Chuckster...

You betcha... thing rocks the house.

silla

viperdout
07-30-2004, 07:06 PM
My RS now has it marked down to 20, so I will be picking up one tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it performs.

viperdout
07-31-2004, 01:51 PM
I got it, and it's pretty good. It is a tri-celler, so it should be able to keep up with an epoch, if I ever got to race one. I think that I am going to swap a li-ion in though, because it might save weight. I also might swap motors with the spastic hopping 1:43 low rider.

Edit: Pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/viperdout/DSC00052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/viperdout/DSC00053.jpg

It has rear suspension, kinda like a Mini-Z, since a piece of plstic bend but it also has a spring. No suspension in front, but it's way better than a ZZ.

payaso
08-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by viperdout
No suspension in front

Really? mine came with front springs in it.

silla

viperdout
08-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by payaso
Really? mine came with front springs in it.

silla

Yeah, I found out it did. My bad.

LiLStagg
08-08-2004, 11:04 PM
so.. i should go out and buy one of these then?lol ill race and SS

viperdout
08-09-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm with Payaso on this car: it rocks! It's a fast little bugger, and it looks pretty good.