PDA

View Full Version : Steering problems

Go0ty
10-08-2002, 05:36 PM
Im having steering problems w/ my ZipZap, when i first got it, it turned fine even at full speed w/ the NOS with the sport tires, but now for some reason the steering is starting to get screwed up, i've cleaned it out but now it skids pretty bad every time i turn it at full speed, even with the tread tires (duno if that even makes a difference) and I don't know why. the only thing i can think of that has changed was I untied the knot that was in the car's antenna, might i'm pretty sure i didn't touch anything while doing so.

Also, ever since i got it there's been understeering problems, like sometimes it has trouble turning, like even if i pick it up and hold it and turn it left, sometimes the tires dont turn all the way left, or sometimes even get stuck. I don't know if im missing something when i'm cleaning it, but it's pretty annoying.. any help appreciated.

Mattydiah
10-08-2002, 07:20 PM
I know you said you are cleaning it, but are you making absolutely sure that you are cleaning underneath the car right under the steering components?? I have frequent problems with metal filings getting stuck under there by the steering adjustment rod.

It can be hard to see little metal filings on the plastic, but even the smallest amount can affect the steering, and it seems to have different effects each time, so double check that.

A good way to check that is to look at the bottom of the car and flip the steering back and forth, looking for movement, thats how I do it.

Also, look inside the steering housing, it looks well sealed, but its not impossible for things to get in there.