PDA

View Full Version : econo. priced tires. unlimited amounts of slicks

QPizzle
01-04-2004, 02:49 PM
i just went to home depot and i brought one of the stock slick tires, went to the nearest helper person and asked if they made any tubing that was the exact diamter and thickness as the tire i showed him. they ended up having black tubing the perfect diameter, and just a tad bit thinner. i cut 4 tires and they fit perfect. and i got about 3ft for like under 5$

aero528
01-04-2004, 04:05 PM
good idea, i just wish i could drive:rolleyes: then i could go get some.

Joey
01-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Is it the same compound as the slicks? Or do they at least behave identically?

newbitowner
01-05-2004, 12:37 AM
WHAT WAS THE BLACK TUBING MADE OUT OF?

Snow
01-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Yeah Windex and I went to Home Depot to look for any possible cheap homebrew mods, and we got the crappiest salesperson ever to help us. I'm pretty much turned off to Home Depot now.

Maybe I'll try Lowe's...

Anyway, good find!

teamdeadbunny
01-20-2004, 11:39 AM
I thought about looking at some rubber tubing myself. I need ot check it out, as I tear up tires on the concrete.

codedat
01-21-2004, 02:52 AM
Do you have a stock number on the receipt? It will make it easier for everyone who wants to buy it. Pretty Please :D

QPizzle
01-21-2004, 09:46 AM
wow, you guys must be do-it-yourselfers completely!

i dont have receipt, i think i left it in the self-checkout printer.
do this:

1. walk in to your local hardware store
2. bring an xmods tire with you
3. walk up to the first employee you see (theyre there to help)
4. show him/her the tire, say you need tubing the same thickness and diameter as that. perhaps insulation tubing
5. wait for him/her to hopefully go, "its down this aisle"
6. buy precut and bouce.

thats almost exactly what i did. it was either vacuum hose or insulation hose. the compound is almost the same as rubber, they also sell thicker foam tubing (such as insulation hoses in your cars engine compartment but i didnt bother buying anything

i also noticed the wheel bump ion the middle, i cut the tire to width, turned it inside out, and dremelled a cut in the tubing all the way around. the reinforced cutting wheels but the perfect width the first time

codedat
01-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks,
I was hoping I didn't have to go in a sycho analyze the sales ppl to find what I need. I guess I have too. (ooohh great)

newbitowner
01-21-2004, 11:28 PM

Mr BigShot
01-22-2004, 12:18 PM
This is what i love about these cars !!!! Modding them by any mean's possible . I run on the concrete to . This is a great idea to get cheap tires for messing around Thanks

codedat
01-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Use the tire upgrade to get rid og the bump in the middle or grind off the ridge in the stock wheel for thee tires to work