PDA

View Full Version : under glow and better showing lights.

rsxracer90
01-04-2004, 02:04 PM
go to this web site for more instructions. http://www.geocities.com/jeromebrill/neons.html and for the better showing light get some aluminion (< cant spell) and get ur back lights take them out the plastic thing and cut out the foil to match it. then jus glue it in to the place. turn on ur lights. and wala. i did it to mine it looks like crome.:D :D :D http://www.geocities.com/jeromebrill/neons.html (http://)

rsxracer90
01-04-2004, 02:05 PM
if u did it right. show me a pic when done.

rsxracer90
01-04-2004, 02:24 PM
im me at aim athr90

QPizzle
01-04-2004, 02:53 PM
i knew i saw that car somewhere else.. in the ****rc.com show gallery.. thats one of the nicest looking stock cars ive seen. where did you get the wiring.. is that pc mod wiring or street glow? where did you get it and is it possible if i can order it online.

rsxracer90
01-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by QPizzle
i knew i saw that car somewhere else.. in the ****rc.com show gallery.. thats one of the nicest looking stock cars ive seen. where did you get the wiring.. is that pc mod wiring or street glow? where did you get it and is it possible if i can order it online.

that is not my car. the guy i got this website from, that is his car and his website. he told me about this. so i passed it on. im a begginer at this xmods stuff so bare with me.

aero528
01-04-2004, 03:48 PM
he got it out of a ps2 controler. my Q is can i still use the cotroler for my ps2? if i can i might consiter doing this.

rsxracer90
01-04-2004, 03:53 PM
yea probly after all its jus the lighting, shouldn't stop the whole controler.

Joey
01-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Provided you can remove and reinstall the L and R buttons without harming and attached circuitry, which I would guess is totally possible. I think this is a better idea than the HottWirez; it requires less power and fits right into the stock light outlet. I'd still have to find a way to use the head- and taillights.

rsxracer90
01-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Joey
Provided you can remove and reinstall the L and R buttons without harming and attached circuitry, which I would guess is totally possible. I think this is a better idea than the HottWirez; it requires less power and fits right into the stock light outlet. I'd still have to find a way to use the head- and taillights.

u hav a point. cause when u install the neon u must take out the light to do so. mabye if u somehow connect both at same time like an extension cord with multiple plug in spots. but how to do that. ill go back to the drawing board.

Darklancer
01-07-2004, 06:30 PM
All u would have to do to get the command logic lights is to buy them for the car and use that connector. Simply strip the insulation from a small part of the wire without severing it (I think a hobby knife would do well) and attach the neon wires as instructed, however this would drain more power so u should use it for show unless you have a higher (6 normally) cell upgrade. Then to prevent shortage use some electrical tape.

Just hope I could b of help:D

Joey
01-07-2004, 09:04 PM
You could use that idea with the normal four cells, the lights just wouldn't be as bright. Someone ought to test that; might not look too bad that way.

Darklancer
01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
If I can make sum $$ I'll try it, gotta shovel sum driveways! lol

KnotHole
01-09-2004, 09:00 PM
I went to "RS" a couple of hours ago and checked out the controler. I could only look at it through the package but it does look like it would be VERY easy to remove the light in it. And it also looked like the controler would work just fine after the light was removed. I think this is the best light i've seen for under-body glow. I wish it came in other colors. I think it only comes in blue but thats alright with me... :D Thanks for the info on this light.

One more thing...Does anyone think that this light might be able to work off of one of those large flat batterys that some people use for there LED's ??? If it would work then we could still use our head/tail light kits !!! I'm just not 2 edgamakated when it comes to electronics. Can anyone help out on this ?

Darklancer
01-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I think you could run it off of one or 2 of those, because they have pretty good power (around 3 v) but i don't think it would run 4 long, The process I explained above isn't that hard tho.

Joey
01-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by KnotHole
I wish it came in other colors. I think it only comes in blue but thats alright with me...
I was picking up some washers and nuts today, and I saw a red one. I didn't realize that they were such tiny little things!

moose
02-01-2004, 12:46 AM
try this web site

rcneon.com

some neat stuf, but they need a9v batt to run about 10 hours so that could efect the batt life in the car.

ninja828
02-03-2004, 12:37 PM
....runin 9v thru ur car?......so you can run the neons from rcneon.com?....ok there are a couple problems i'd like to point out:
1) 9v in xmods=fancy paperweight...unless you put a separate 9v under the body (not connected to the xmods of course)
2)those neons in at rcneon.com are not only a bit too pricey but a bit too large as well and where and how would you mount them?
f
just some things i want to point out, so please dont take it too offensively:D

2fast4u
02-04-2004, 10:01 PM
hey hey hey want a under glo that uses no batteries and no light bulbs and is not glow in the dark? one word.......

y not get a 3 foot strip of fiber optics and tape it to the red bulbs on the light kit?

fiber optics only 12.99

Joey
02-05-2004, 06:38 PM
That wouldn't be nearly as bright as the other lights.

2fast4u
02-05-2004, 07:41 PM
O really? i have seen it in action believe me

Exaran
02-06-2004, 04:33 PM
:eek: Where can you get fiberoptic stuff?! I've been searching for it for some other non-xmod projects. Once I get used to it I may try hooking some up in the xmod