PDA

View Full Version : Slow Acceleration

Spitfire7001
10-07-2002, 08:31 PM
how could i speed up my acceleration in my ZZ. The NOS motor has slow accel but fast in the long run. How could i make it all around fast?

mechanist
10-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Try different gear combos.
Lower gears give you more off the line but sacrifice top end and visa versa.
Mid range gears will probably give you a more well rounded car.

Anyone else got ideas?

Axel
10-07-2002, 09:43 PM
Hehe, pumping a few more volts through always helps.... When I had the 9V hooked up to mine it seriously flew... and anybody with a 2.4v mod like me will likely tell you its very hard to steer using fast motors due to the car flipping over because it's going too fast.

ax0n
10-07-2002, 09:47 PM
yah the lower 2 gears work well with the NOS. As far as orthodox mods to your ZZ that's about all you can do.

If you wanna run fast gears, get good accel, and nice top speed, you could try running 2 batteries at the same time or doing open part surgery and swapping PC Boards with a MicroSizer or BitCharG

Spitfire7001
10-08-2002, 06:50 PM
thanks for the help guys i will try the double battery thing.

Go0ty
10-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey Axel, referring to your sig, how did you get the ground light effect?

Axel
10-08-2002, 08:07 PM
hehe, this is just a stupid little mod. IT was pretty much the first thing I did because I didn't have to mess with the actual car electronics to do it. All I did was drill two 5mm holes in the bottom of my car and stick a super bright green LED through each one. I ran the positive and negative wires from these together and attached them to an old watch battery which I taped to the plastic electronics cover. the lights just barely stick out the bottom (like 1mm) and give a neon light ground effects type effect to the car in a dimly lit (or completely dark) area. It looks pretty sweet... reminds me of fast and furious :-)