PDA

View Full Version : Booster Controller range increase

e_lm_70
10-07-2002, 10:22 AM
Hi,

With my clone BitCharg-G (27MHz) Increasing the power of the 3V surce (1.5Vx2 batteries), up to 5V with a fix power supplier, increase of about 100% the operating range. The OEM has a telescopic antenna.

With my Tommy Booster Controller, even increasing the source power (I have replaced one of the two 1.5V batterie, with a 2.6V batterie) no advantage at all is visible !

With the booster controller, the range is just 2 meters for run the car normaly (but till the boster car) , and 1 meter more if turbo is active.

It look that the turbo signal is far stronger then the normal mode !

The renge is so poor, that I dubt, that with changing the antenna I will get an acceptable range.

Why the power increase doesn#T work with the tomy controller ?

What else could be done !

Danke

tinyrc
10-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Very interesting! Do you have a TOMY non-booster controller to compare it to? Maybe the TOMY booster has some kind of limiter that the clone does not?

e_lm_70
10-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Yes,

My Tomy G05 (57MHz) after killed the capacitor in the TX has a huge range (more then 6m) with my standard NiMh in the TX (I don't use alkaline)

My Tomy G02 (45MHz) has no TX capacitor, I killed the capacitor in the car, the range has increase from 2m to 2.5m.

The G05 has already a nice range without roll out the antenna.

The OEM Bit has a good range (6m + ) with overpower, with standard bat I got just 3m !