PDA

View Full Version : Mini X Vs ABC DTM-X4

potentiality
12-28-2003, 04:09 AM
Well since they are both 4wd.. For those that have seen both in action. Which do you like?

Im leaning towards the DTM at this point because of being an actual kit. Plus hard as they may be to find, there is a one way diff sold.

3series takumi
12-29-2003, 01:48 AM
the dtm will be easier and faster since there are parts avaiable for it, but that i think is on track. IMO they sit really low and basically have no suspension. i went with the minix so i could create a mini rally machine (independent suspension was the plus). but if you want easy and a great track runner, go with the dtm all the way. oh the only problem i see is the lack of room for good batteries and electronics. the best battery i have seen for it was 250mAh

potentiality
12-29-2003, 02:59 AM
Hmm the x has independant suspension while the dtm doesn't (didnt know this- does the dtm have a floating rear end?)? I cant find any good pictures of the dtm chassis or exploded view.

I myself would want more a rally car, as any street pavement at that scale will require alot of suspension travel.

3series takumi
12-29-2003, 05:57 PM
from what i know about them, they use a floating rear end that is on some sort of t-bar i guess you would call it. as for the front, i am lost. i have looked at it over and over and i dont see what moves. well the front end doesnt really move much at all anyways. it gets its ground clearance from the tires it uses. i couldnt really find any good pix as well

Hooters Driver
01-01-2004, 01:15 AM
I have a little experience with the DTM. It is a very well made kit but it relies on chassis flex for the rear suspension (similar to a Mini-Z) and has no front suspension.

It's really a neat and well made car. If you're going to be racing them on a smooth track the DTM would be a better car to have. But if your track isn't extremely smooth then I would get the Mini-X.

Meltdown
01-03-2004, 02:36 AM
I have both but i prefer the ABC. It's far more a better build machine. There's no front suspension on the ABC though. The sloppy front-end of the mini-x is a problem. There's a lot of play between the bearing and the bearing holders. And when one of the front wheels are hit the steering blocks snap out.

3series takumi
01-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Meltdown
I have both but i prefer the ABC. It's far more a better build machine. There's no front suspension on the ABC though. The sloppy front-end of the mini-x is a problem. There's a lot of play between the bearing and the bearing holders. And when one of the front wheels are hit the steering blocks snap out.

dont crash and you wont have a problem ;p i dont have any slop in my steering, but then again i am using two bearing per wheel hub and i have a custom adjustable tie rod

Meltdown
01-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Takumi,

Are you saying you don't have play in the steering block ball-cups? Hard to believe. I bought 4 mini 's and all have accessive play.

3series takumi
01-20-2004, 10:52 PM
my ball cups fit perfectly, well untill i started takin them on and off ;p i put thick grease in them to get rid of play and it adds to dampining. that works and i also put a tiny piece of of tissue paper soaked in oil to line the inside of the cup. either way works for me, but the grease can get things messy