PDA

View Full Version : You need to get this!!!

OverBoostSupra
12-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey guys..today i just got the internet hook up for my PS2 and i have to say that Need For Speed Underground has never been more fun!!! the gaming is so much more fun! and if any of you have the internet adaptor and already play NFSU my name is JOSH280zxt so if you want to race me sometime just challenge me!! :p

MbaStylee
12-28-2003, 06:45 PM
is need for speed underground a good game to play by yourself, how does it compare to other great racing games such as gran turismo?

WhiteSupra43
12-29-2003, 12:47 AM
i just got need for speed underground i think it knocks all other car games out of the water

OverBoostSupra
12-31-2003, 07:22 AM
Gran Turismo is considered like a simulation game, and if you go from that platform to underground, underground is allot more "arcadey" but man do they have nice cars and you can soup them up however you want. its so awsome! :)

Evilevo
01-09-2004, 04:59 PM
i hafta agree, nfsu is a great game undoubtly, its just the car selction that bothers me :(

PauloBecker
01-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I love the car selection. Even though a game only needs to have a Nissan Skyline to please me :D But what really sucks in Undeground is the ridiculous amount of lag and cheaters in online mode... And the cheating AI as well. That gets on my nerves. Other than that, the game is overall an enjoyable experience.

aperson
02-20-2004, 11:18 AM
cheating AI, extremly noticable in Hard mode.

civic freak
02-21-2004, 10:23 AM
PauloBecker you obviously dont play that game alot there are TWO Skylines one is the Lostprophets Skyline and the other one is the last car you earn its called Eddis Skyline it is extremely hard to earn!it is kinda a burnt orangish yellowish with green vinyl on the side.;)

Cian
02-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by aperson
cheating AI, extremly noticable in Hard mode. what do you mean, how does the AI cheat? doe sit make the cars jump ahead, or what?

charliebrown
02-21-2004, 08:24 PM
I used to like NFSU underground, then eventually it got too hard and I stopped.

The one thing that turned me off was the stability of the car. WTF???? The car went into too many powerslides at once, the handling was not that great....And you can barely see things coming, until it's too close and too late to dodge! And when you crash into something.....come on, the car SLOWLY lifts into the air and hovers, does somersaults, spins out, and while you're hovering in the air in slow motion, the cars zoom away while you can't get back on the ground! And when you do get back on, the cars just zoom by anyways....The cars in NFSU lack stability.

And, finally, there's so much **** traffic! In GT2, People race on a PROPER track, no traffic, unlimited speed, and plenty of stability. Anyone who can stay calm from the constant crashes and teases from the game, give yourself a pat on the back.

Chuckster...

nghts
02-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Cian
what do you mean, how does the AI cheat? doe sit make the cars jump ahead, or what?
It doesnt really cheat. It is just stupid things like, when it is sliding on a wall, it has no friction

d00kie
02-22-2004, 03:15 AM
It's the rubberband AI that makes the computer faster when you have the lead so they can catch up. I believe in hard dificulty they won't slow the computer down for ya.

I got rid of the game because it lacked the tuning aspect that was used to sell the game- but I can't complain since this game was meant to be arcadey.

theMonster
03-05-2004, 06:59 PM
I thought the game was too easy, I'm glad I only rented it. You can turn off the AI catch-up, but just beware that you won't be able to catch-up either if you make a big goof. As far as hop-ups go, they're worthless, you just keep adding the most expensive parts to the car and it goes faster. There was an old game called Hot Rod and Hot Rod 2 and even a newer game from EA, that was an online game (I'm not at home so I can't remember it) but you had hundreds of parts to choose from for the cars, engines, exhaust manifolds, turbos, nitros, gearboxes, diffs etc.....and you had to be damn good at experimenting with all of these parts in order to get it to work well. Just because you bought the 461ci Ford Big block and added the biggest manifold and blower you could get and then added nitro, didn't mean that you had the fastest car. You could get beat by somebody that was running a 350 or a 327 in a car that was perfuctly tuned. Those games were the bomb, a true gearhead's dream come true.

MicroSpeed
03-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by civic freak
PauloBecker you obviously dont play that game alot there are TWO Skylines one is the Lostprophets Skyline and the other one is the last car you earn its called Eddis Skyline it is extremely hard to earn!it is kinda a burnt orangish yellowish with green vinyl on the side.;)

I don't think you play the Underground mode of the game much. I'm sure PauloBecker knew that there were two skylines in arcade mode, he was talking about the skyline in Underground Mode.

theMonster,
Do you know of anywhere that you can still get that game? It sounds awesome.

theMonster
03-06-2004, 06:27 PM
I'm looking at the EA game right now, it's called Motor City Online and it is an online game only, it was discontinued by EA about a year ago. Hot Rod and Hot Rod 2 are VERY old games, I'd say they were around 10-12 years ago. Here's an old review for Motor City Online http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/december01/motorcityonline/

SHIFT_DRIFT
04-19-2004, 04:51 PM
i think NFSU sucks.
u can "soup" up ur car eh?
yeh... bodykits and vynals are souping them up...

aperson
05-06-2004, 08:37 AM
and you make it alphabet soup by adding decals!