PDA

View Full Version : simple questions about 5th cell

Daazndood
12-19-2003, 08:29 PM
hi everyone. i just wanted to ask some simple questions about the 5 cell upgrade. sorry if im being annoying or watever, but here it goes.

so basically, all i have to do is cut the long black wire that connects to the bottom batteries in half, and connect it to the opposite charges of the 5 cell battery? is that all i need to do? just connect it and then go? do i have to modify any other components?

also, what should i be expecting from this mod. longer battery life? more speed?

any answers will truly be appreciated.

Daazndood
12-20-2003, 06:12 PM
help pleease

xxspeednplayaxx
12-20-2003, 06:26 PM
hey dude, dont be embarresed about having question, its the only way we learn, btw we were all inexperienced once...ok as for you question, yea, you are basicly taking the black wire which connects the battery packs togerther, cut it and add a 5th cell, this kind of hook up is called :"wiring in series" which gives your car more voltage 4.8V to 6.0V (more speed), im pretty sure you will see a huge increase in performace, i know you can have 6 cells (50% increase of voltage over stock) however i wouldn't recomend using a 6 cell hook up with non rechargeable batts (the ones you eventually throw away... o yea by doing this mod it is normal for your tires to fly off when you gun it, and also its posssible for your steering to go nuts (turns left and right when you turn it on, but it'll eventually stop) i hope this helped, btw sry about the length (i just wanna do my best) if you have any more questions ill be on the forums... good luck my friend

Daazndood
12-21-2003, 12:48 AM
hi. thanks for responding, i appreciate it. when using a battery for the 5 cell, should it be another AAA battery? also, is this mod proven safe? my first xmods got fried(not because of cell mods) and i dont want to ruin my second one(i got an exchange).

xxspeednplayaxx
12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
both 5 and 6 cells are safe (as to what every1 else has said because i havent tried yet (no xmod)) but yea you should use all the same types of batteries its bad to mix recharge and non recharge ur AA and AAA hope this helps

theMonster
12-22-2003, 05:47 PM
If you have RWD, glue the rear tires to the rims using modeling glue, if you have AWD, glue all 4 down...no more tires coming off

RSXRacer001
12-22-2003, 09:12 PM
if i were you, i would just go ahead and do the 6 cell.

Daazndood
12-22-2003, 11:41 PM
why do people do 5 cell mod when 6 cell is better?

Daazndood
12-24-2003, 01:56 PM
^^^^^^^^

RSXRacer001
12-24-2003, 02:03 PM
some people might think that six will fry it.

rallger
12-25-2003, 11:57 PM
the actual size of the 6th cell and the issues of being able to fit it easily might be taken into account when considering adding cells

Daazndood
12-26-2003, 12:55 AM
what if you dont drive wit the body on. i dont. im sure without a body, theres plenty of space for a 6 cell.