PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z Killer

xxspeednplayaxx
12-14-2003, 05:16 PM
this friday i went over to my local hobbytown just to see my future competition (gettin my x-mod fer christmas) and i saw bout 6 kids wit MiniZs rattin on sum lil guy cuz his xmod was slower...from what i saw the x-mod had rs hopups and the Zs were normally modifed (no crazy stuff) i wanna make sure dat wen i go wit my xmod that i put dese punks in der place, besides r.s. hopups id like to kno how to to do a fet stack (i kno im a nub) so if some1 could explain it.. it b apreciated also wuts d diff between 2X2 and 2X4 stacks and so on..and wuts d capacity on a xmod...as fer a motor im gunna trik out a s.b.p. btw i hope some1 can help me cuz im representen all x-moders here,chicago especially that lil kid, its time d Zs learn whos boss

btw ive exclude an e-turbo cuz i want d space fer 2 more AAAs

Mr BigShot
12-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Man It's nice to see some one that wants to put those rich $500 Mini Z girls to shame :D I just started a thread you might like called Bigger and Better Motors go check it out .

AUDI-TT
12-14-2003, 07:31 PM
either buy or learn to make a hand wound motor, get a 5/6 cell mod, maybe AWD, s a nice body kit, nice paint, itll look better and work better than those spoiled brat's cars. (if u have a mniiz no offense, but ur too rich :mad: )

my XMOD will be here from ebay in 3-4 days, hopefully.
(got it off ebay since rchack canada is not smart enough to get XMODS up here) :(

3series takumi
12-14-2003, 10:35 PM
beat the miniz the you will have to come against the crew of minix

miniDRIFTER
12-14-2003, 11:05 PM
actually if you own an xmod and a few upgrades, you could have saved up for a miniZ.. its not that much more.. after seeing the total of my XMOD and hop ups, I couldve bought a MINIZ.. but I still love the XMOD, and I'll have more people around me to race (since they are cheaper)

xxspeednplayaxx
12-15-2003, 07:34 AM
thnx a bunch fer helpin... as a mater of fact i though of buyin a Z but x-mods are simply put it better der like comparing a 98 supra to a 77 dautsun 240Z out with the old in with d new...

Mrbigshot- ill b sure 2 check out ur thread osunds good

AudiTT- i wus thinking of taking a s.b.p. and make it have less windings so id loos tourque (has alot already) but gain revs) i wus also thinkin of the neosumtin magnets and an advance in timing... i hope it 2 b close to the performance of a stage 10 but only bout 12 bux :)

3series takumi- yea those mini-X's will b tough 2 beat but im a slow learner when it comes 2 defeat

o yea as fer the paint heres wut i had lined up...
take my supra (X-mas) but a wild body kit and mild wing... paint d wholt thing blak cepy fer the wing and side view mirrors.. make the gun metal, also sencil on gun metal lightning on d roof and sides, a hood scoop made from an old bit s-2000 roof and guns metal rims...

Btw- heres a low down on a fet mod (i reseached) its basicly were u find d fets fer the ddrive motor (under d board) and replace em wit higher capacity 1s which throw more current 2 d motor when ppl say 2X2 stack the first "2" explains how the board has 2 fets and the second "2" indicates how many fets are stacked in this case its 2... if im wrong plz coorect me . finaly wut i still dont kno is the type of fet 2 b used, were to get em , and how many ov dese can be stacked

-- sry fer the lenght but ive had alot on my mind and o yea this thread can be bout nething that makes ur x-mod go faster as long as its sencible (no rockets lol) cuz im sure we all wanna take on dem Zs and win

RSXRacer001
12-15-2003, 03:19 PM
hmm...rockets
bottlerockets
bottlerockets w/o reports
i think i have something going here.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-15-2003, 03:23 PM
com'on man lets b realistic here, i straped a model roket engine (a-83) to a jewel clone bit but if flew fer 2 bloks and hit a cross traffic car and shattered... ne wayz have u ne clu bout d staking fets and fet info... my xmod is comin in less den 10 days i wanna ti up all the looses ends (My MiniZ Killah Will B Born)

RSXRacer001
12-15-2003, 03:29 PM
i was joking about the rockets but man, wouldnt it be cool? and btw, i know nothing about FETs or nything like that. im not getting my x mod util christmas too. i borrow my friends. if i knew something i would tell you but i dont
sorry

p.s. if i learn something ill be sure to let you know

xxspeednplayaxx
12-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Hey were do live?? im here in chicago... it b cool if we could own the tracks 2gether... btw all my contacts r in my profile cuz ive got a couple of good mod ideas thats ill b glad 2 tell..

RSXRacer001
12-15-2003, 03:45 PM
thats weird man, i was about to answer your last question and then i went back to make sure it was FETs you were talking about and then it was a different post. and btw, i live in nc, if you were talking to me.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
o thats cool, wut x-mod r u gettin.. i took a sneak peak and saw im gettin a red supra wit all d hop ups

itsme
12-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Nice thread and all, but speak in English...I don't understand much of the "d" language...

xxspeednplayaxx
12-15-2003, 07:43 PM
hey sorry about the slang... ill try to type normally... anyways what ideas or mods do you have for building the ultimate miniZ Killer.. i came up with a cool suspension idea... ill post a link in a second it makes all the shocks really stiff, ill tell you all how good it is once i have my x-mod

xxspeednplayaxx
12-15-2003, 07:59 PM
sounds good i like seein a man on a mission.. btw (dont hate me) i went over to miniZracer.com and checked out der parts, dey got some hefty motors and yes metal parts... take em out wit der own equipment, btw i kon a 180 motor is bigger but is that d micro RS4 motor cuz ive herd those 2 b beasts (tourque monsters)
ok heres my suspension mod:
1. take between 2 and 3 springs and put them next to each other
2. interwind or interlock the the springs together, not ontop of each other so each spring compressd, rather within each other so that their are more coils in the spring.
3. by doin this you make some crazy stiff springs (and its free if you have the suspension upgrade)
4. for my plan setup i plan to use (Front)- Hard and Med... (Back)- Hard, Med, and Stock
5. i dont really kno how else 2 explain it... if you need help my email is "MyForumName"@hotmail.com

hope this helps...

BTW some genious figured out he could use a paper clip as a stabilizer bar, thats 1 for the books (im not being sarcastic thats a great idea)

itsme
12-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Isn't it pointless to do that spring thing. It just makes a stiff spring and adds weight when you could just use a stiff spring from the XMOD upgrade...

nosser
12-16-2003, 05:23 AM
first off I like my xmod for the style and the price. It has brought more poeple into this hobby because of it's price point and because of super street mag, but if you want an xmod to beat a miniz you will need to spend more money than if you just bought a miniz and put an xmod body on it.
the stock electronics won't cut it. you'll have to put "hobby grade" electronics or at least a miniz pcb w/ fet upgrade and a motor. slugbugg actually is almost there with an xmod that may be able to be on par with a miniz, but he's making an entirely new chassis with standard electronics. like i said dont get me wrong i love my xmod but i'd never race it against my miniz or a minix for that matter. I think its in a different class. xmod vs xmod is fun and miniz vs miniz is fun but a fully modded, stock electronic xmod wont beat a miniz.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-16-2003, 05:47 AM
hey its me, what i mean by the suspension mod is to aquire a spring thats is 2X or even 3X stiffer than the hard x-mod springs w/o buyin another after market set.. o yea nosser i understand what u mean and all but take a look at my signiture, and beleive me ill get my xmod up to par with a miniZ, itll prolly all my x-mas money and until spring but i promise ill own a MINIZ KILLER, btw i rather have something slow that i make fast than buying somethin fast, its like with supras and vipers (real ones) when u buy a supra you know it couldnt take a viper so you fix it up until it can, and its great when you finally spank one on the highway (so im told im only 16 drivin a WRX) bak to x-mods, i know it may not be possible for a x-mod to take a MINIZ but ill be D***ed if i go out w/o a fight

-)CUSTOM-3NGINEERED(-

nosser
12-16-2003, 06:03 AM
o yea nosser i understand what u mean and all but take a look at my signiture, and beleive me ill get my xmod up to par with a miniZ, itll prolly all my x-mas money and until spring but i promise ill own a MINIZ KILLER, btw i rather have something slow that i make fast than buying somethin fast, its like with supras and vipers (real ones) when u buy a supra you know it couldnt take a viper so you fix it up until it can, and its great when you finally spank one on the highway (so im told im only 16 drivin a WRX) bak to x-mods, i know it may not be possible for a x-mod to take a MINIZ but ill be D***ed if i go out w/o a fight

-)CUSTOM-3NGINEERED(-

Yeah I understand what your saying man,but a miniz is not really faster... it's hard to explain you just have to actually play with both of them to understand. It's the way they handle and feel when you drive them. I would say it more of a hobby grade rc. if you look at the minizracer.com forum you'll see alot of minizer who have returned their xmods because the quality is just not as good as a miniz but for the price it cool.

Cian
12-16-2003, 09:16 AM
hey xxspeednplayaxx
sounds Like you're really excited about getting your Xmod, and yeah there are a lot of parts fo rmini-z that shold be great on your xmod. I am still waiting for mine to be delivered by a member on the forums here. Hopefully then I will see what the fuss is all about.

The spring thing sounds like too much, it would be better just to stretch the springs. doubling up like that would be like having no springs at all. (no movement at all).

BTW , it would be appreciated of u kud stop ritin lIk dis, koz lotsa ppl don't unnerstan u wen u do....ta

slugbugg
12-16-2003, 11:40 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one looking to run down some mini-Z's.

I dont care what mods I have to do but I will not use anything that comes from a mini-z just because I dont want to hear "to beat me you had to use mini-Z parts/hopups" from the competition.

If/when I beat them I want it to be with Xmod parts and Xmod custom parts I'm just funny that way.

I have a finished custom six cell aluminum chassis sitting here in front of me and all I have to do now is go cut some servo mounts then finish mounting the electronics.

RSXRacer001
12-16-2003, 06:05 PM
sorry not to answer you question sooner xxspeednplayaxx.
im getting the RSX.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-16-2003, 09:27 PM
lol go figure...

hey slugbugg i figure that i may buy Z parts but ill do it at a hoby store (not the one ill be racin at) but yea slugbuggs is right i wanna beat them and make sure they can't whine (unless i recolor their parts, lets anidize it up baby!)

btw for Z parts im after drivetrain components, im satisfied with what r.s. has offerd (so far)

RSXRacer001
12-16-2003, 09:31 PM
if all else fells,
take them out.
(if you know what i mean)

slugbugg
12-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Well with me there is a fine line.
I would run a mini-Z aftermarket motor but not a stock one and the same type batteries or better and then there are the nuts/bolts/screws would be ok for me but no major mini-Z parts like bodies/drivetrain/electronics.
The wheels/tires are difficult because the mini-Z's might have a tire out that hooks up well at a certain track and that could make a big difference but I'd still run Xmod wheels/tires.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/mlcollins/mxmod.JPG

This is the aluminum version and I am still having problems stuffing it all under the bodies I may have to lose the motor heatsink and lower the receiver deck.This is still a ways off. It still has stock suspension a front axle that was not cut right and I want the bodies to fit right.The supra is way off the civic is very very close and I havnt tried the RSX yet.To get it to work I will most likely have to go to lithium polymer batteries.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-17-2003, 05:52 AM
hey slugbugg, like i said, i prefer everything that r.s. has to offer, from minizracer however, the only thing i like was their drivetrain compontents (just to have more aftermarket parts) as for a motor i plan on using a spin brush, but i want to retime it, ad new magnets and a rewind (in hopes to acheive a motor comperable to a NML stage 10)

- i think that aluminum chassis of yours is boss, (how much could i buy one for?)btw slugbugg have you any clue on fets, i know how to do them and all but whats the limit on our x-mods (stackwise), and yes what would you think is nessesary to mount in a 9volt, like what i mean is what parts of the chip should be swaped out in order to handle a 9...

-hey rsxracer001, you gunna repaint your rsx cause those cars look wicked with a paint job.

3series takumi
12-17-2003, 12:28 PM
slug you have skillz with a cnc or what ever machine your usin. how much would it run me for you to make me a custom chassis. the chassis i would need would be about the same size but way less complicated. and only a single deck.

...man that thing is 1337 it doesnt even look like a xmod anymore

Mr BigShot
12-17-2003, 01:32 PM
I Want that chassis !!!!!!!!! Sell Me one PLEASE E Mail Me Please at Brian.D.Garrett@us.army.mil <----- I'am In the Army Reserves if that will get me one Quicker that would be cool LOL :D Oh Yea I'll buy some driveshafts to !!! Man that is a sweet Chassis :D

Future MINI Z Killer in the Making OH YEA

xxspeednplayaxx
12-17-2003, 03:15 PM
if i were i would set that up with the batteries where the chip usually goes, and have a little trap door (locking) under the car (to get the cells out), this would improve handeling dramaticly, im thinking of wiring my cells under my chip... i dont really care if its a hastle to have to remove the chip to recharge (ill make a quick release)... btw im serious bout that chassis, where do u live? and how much $$$

xxspeednplayaxx
12-17-2003, 03:34 PM
i know this is getting off subject but when i spray my x-mod i want it to have that show car shine (like the show cars at hot import nights) however i am limited to rattle can paints,so what techinique should i use (how many coats).. what brand would you guys recomend and where can i get it

-the colors i wish to use are Black and gunmetal, as well as a clear coat

freakanoid
12-17-2003, 03:47 PM
the new mini z here no fake

No Outwar links.

RSXRacer001
12-17-2003, 04:22 PM
hey xxspeednplayaxx, ill might paint it. if i do, i might go with gunmetal or red.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-17-2003, 04:34 PM
hey rsxracer001

thnks for the the offer but i want to paint my own x-mod, im just curious what paint ill need to use to get a show car shine, i think ill use car paint from plastic-cote ( would that come out shiny on plastic??) it came out great on my custom bike, also would wax hurt the clear coat after the clear coat has dried for like a day (it requires 20 minutes)

i just rememberd "if you want that show car shine you want mothers.." lol

where can i get tamiya paint or what ever b.c. used ( not an online store please, i hate the waiting of shipping)

- i know theses are many questions ( nub questions at that" but please help me out by answering them all, i did serches for an hour with no luck, so i figure ill ask some1 smart

slugbugg
12-17-2003, 05:12 PM
xxspeednplayaxx, I havnt messed with fets at all.This chassis ca n fit six AAA's four of which are almost flush with the bottom of the chassis.

Believe me guys I want to sell that chassis but I still have some serious testing to do and right now I cant get the bodies on right, the electronics are in the way just a little bit, it's that top deck.

I'll be messing around with it more this week-weekend untill I get it right I may have to take the cover off my XXL to get it to fit.

Its either the XXl goes or I go back to a four cell setup. (4 cells-yuck) actually I want to try the electronics from a mini-express.

I want to sell an aluminum version and carbon fiber version.

slugbugg
12-17-2003, 05:29 PM
I dont have a mini-z but I know they are fine machines.

Its the challenge to be able to run with them and beat them thats all, I just think the Xmods are excellent 1/28 scale cars that need some better option parts.

By the time I'm done with this it will be like a fully hopped up mini-z and hopefully able to run head to head with most mini-Z's.(it's still a long ways off)

xxspeednplayaxx
12-17-2003, 05:31 PM
hey slugbugg -its alright about the chassis selling, and g-l with the complete chassis version

so dose anyone out their know the fet stacking limit on an x-mod

finally- ive seen some modders who have 8 cells on a stock chip , is that possible?

theMonster
12-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Everything that I know to be true would say that 8 cells would make the ESC nice and toasty. Anyway where are you going to put #8 at, I could see (on a Supra) 2 in the roof and one behind the bumper, but at 1.2Vx7 that's 8.4V and I'm running 6 IC3s 1.45VX6 that's 8.7V which is .3V over the the kown but debatd 8.4V limit, so I dare not add a 7th cell in the mix.

FastRSX
12-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Well, tonight we just smoked a Mini-Z with a RSX, carbon shaft, spinbrush motor 11/blue, awd, springs, and 6 cells. He was stating how slow the x-mods were but for $50 were ok. Then it was stated the z he was running had over $400 invested. So, after walking out to get my car for a little race. He then stated that wasn't a stock x-mod after seeing it run. I quickly stated that nothing was ever said mine was stock. It felt really nice to run past a big dollar car with very little money. I need to set up for carpet since all we run on it smooth dirty concrete.

slugbugg
12-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Nice job FastRSX.

neurokinetik
12-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FastRSX
Well, tonight we just smoked a Mini-Z with a RSX, carbon shaft, spinbrush motor 11/blue, awd, springs, and 6 cells.

I skipped racing Mini-Zs and went right on to racing 1/10th scale cars tonight. :lol: Just a drag race in the roller rink. I killed him off the line (the 180 motor just plain rules with an AWD setup. :) ) and pulled about 2 feet ahead before he started catching up. At the end of the rink, he had pulled ahead by a couple of feet. Much less than I expected.

No other XMods could touch my car tonight. With the 11 tooth pinion, blue gear, and the 180 motor, I would pull about four feet on the next fastest car right off the line, and continue to hold that distance, as my 180 motor spins about the same RPMs as a stage 2 motor right now. Out on the skating rink, it would spin all four tires for about the first six inches, then just take off. Changing to soft treaded tires made it spin even less. The car is a drift monster, too, as it had enough torque to power around the corners without dropping RPMs, keeping all four tires spinning at any time.

On the road course, the car was tough to drive, it just builds up speed way too quickly. It was no contest, speedwise though. The course I am running on is the long course shown on the XModsrc site. Even on the shortest straight, I had to brake hard for every corner, as the acceleration is incredible. I didn't get to run the road course as much as I would have liked, as I got T-boned out on the rink and my steering kept getting stuck in the one direction after that. I need to take the car apart and investigate.

neurokinetik
12-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by xxspeednplayaxx
as for a motor i plan on using a spin brush, but i want to retime it, ad new magnets and a rewind (in hopes to acheive a motor comperable to a NML stage 10)

Well, if you replace the magnets, and rewind the armature, why bother using a spin brush motor at all then? You have to change the endbell and brushes anyway, so by then, you have something that has no spin brush parts left in it. :lol:

Remember that the magnets in the spin brush motor are the only things that make it decent at all. A stage 2 motor with spin brush magnets is better than a stock spin brush motor.

FastRSX
12-17-2003, 10:12 PM
neurokinetik you usually race on a carpet track don’t you? I need a little help on what you were running for tires and springs on the RSX.

Glad to hear the 180 motor is working out. I just put a 40 turn back on the Tamiya Plasma dash motor. Hope to test it out tomorrow night since times up for tonight.

3series takumi
12-17-2003, 10:59 PM
ok but slug.. what about me?. i dont run an xmod and i have a super simple chassis. if i got you the material how much would it run me to get it cut. or at least a motor mount made. if you want i can send you the plans (in autocad) or i can make it what ever you use to make your stuff. my current project is at a stand still and has been for a month so far :( and i need your skillz to get back rolling. or a simple no i cant do it will work too i suppose.

slugbugg
12-17-2003, 11:16 PM
3series takumi,
Ok, what about you, lets talk

If you want you can send me a DXF file of your chassis so I can see if I even want to mess with it and we can go from there.If it is simple we should be able to work something out easily.
What material are you planning on using?

3series takumi
12-17-2003, 11:23 PM
um carbonfiber or aluminum, what ever would be easiest for ya. and should i know what a DFX file is? can you point me in the right direction. oh wait duh autoCAD, jus not the default

slugbugg
12-17-2003, 11:28 PM
yeah I think the DXF is autocads universal file format I can take it in the DWG format as well.

3series takumi
12-17-2003, 11:56 PM
this is the file. i have only the important layer up. the rest was for me, but the layer "top" is the important one :) i hope you are willing to do it. my email is listed

3series takumi
12-17-2003, 11:59 PM
this will be my completed project

nosser
12-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by xxspeednplayaxx
i know this is getting off subject but when i spray my x-mod i want it to have that show car shine (like the show cars at hot import nights) however i am limited to rattle can paints,so what techinique should i use (how many coats).. what brand would you guys recomend and where can i get it

-the colors i wish to use are Black and gunmetal, as well as a clear coat

read this on how to paint your car and give it that shine
http://www.tinyimports.com/Tutorials (http://www.tinyimports.com/Tutorials/Painting/paint_tutorial.htm)

nosser
12-18-2003, 12:27 AM
slugbugg that chassis it a nice setup. It reminds me of the pro-z miniz chassis. I like it. That can take a miniz with 4wd. Yeah, I dont think you would need to use any miniz part aside from maybe tires. Don't forget me man I got the driveshafts from you and I told you I wanted a chassis. I'd prefer cf though. and 3series takumi that chassis is for a minix huh?

3series takumi
12-18-2003, 12:29 AM
yes sir it is, i just got a hollow aluminum drive shaft for it. my gosh that thing is a feather!

nosser
12-18-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by 3series takumi
yes sir it is, i just got a hollow aluminum drive shaft for it. my gosh that thing is a feather!
nice I almost wish I got a have gotten a minix over the xmod. I have spent way more on the xmod than if I just bought a minix. It's cool though since I have friends that now have xmods that probably would not have bought minix' or zs'

xxspeednplayaxx
12-18-2003, 05:42 AM
thanks nosser, you dont know how long ive been trying to find a toutorial... oh yea as for the cells even when i run 6 i plan to place the xtra cells under the chip (ill find a way) just so that the Zs wont expect it... good hunting everyone

Cian
12-18-2003, 07:10 AM
I have a mini-z and a mini-x, i can say that the minix is not for beginners, mine still doesnt' run, though some of the components have found their way into other projects. I hope to get it to run someday, but I'm otherwise engaged at the moment. Hopefully over christmas I'll get around to it, my electronics are shot, butI might lift a receiver and a speed control out of my FM miniZ project

neurokinetik
12-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by FastRSX
neurokinetik you usually race on a carpet track don’t you? I need a little help on what you were running for tires and springs on the RSX.

That's easy. Stock tires, stock suspension. :lol: Foam tires don't seem to work on this carpet for some reason.

xxspeednplayaxx
12-18-2003, 03:09 PM
hey neurokenetic, is that 180 motor of yours off of a rs4?

xxspeednplayaxx
12-18-2003, 05:30 PM
if it is the where did you get it and wuts the $

neurokinetik
12-18-2003, 05:37 PM
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16020

xxspeednplayaxx
12-19-2003, 05:24 AM
so how much faster is it than the 130 can, or is it torque... i dont know cause i want to get one

Cian
12-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I have run both on my Kawada and I would say the stock micro 180 is about 10-20 % more poweful that the stock kawada 130. I also use a larger pinion (13T) for better top speed.

hope tis helps

neurokinetik
12-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Only that much? It seems way more torquey than that...

xxspeednplayaxx
12-20-2003, 05:54 PM
hey nero, what other upgrades could i do to add some more punch to my x-mod besides the 180 motor from that link (btw project blitz kreig should have some pix posted soon)

xxspeednplayaxx
12-20-2003, 10:20 PM
materials needed:
-Four mini BMX pegs (the ones you use with your hand)
-Soldering iron
-Wire cutter (the kind that looks like a needle nose pliiar
-Peice of sheet metal or a peice of metal from a pop can (as large as possible a 3X3 inch peice should do...

What to do:
-place your stock wheel (with no tire on)on a peice of paper and outline the circle of it, then draw out a design you wish to have
-take this paper mockup and transfer it over onto the metal you have choosing
-cut out the design from the metal
-make a hole at the center of your created design (this is the spinning part)
-replace your plasic wheel nuts with the bmx pegs
-slip the metal sheet onto the peg
-cut the excess peg and slightly melt it over, preventing the spinning part from falling off
-i guess you could use the stock bushings to aid in the spinning process

i hope you guys like this, its the best i could come up with (considering ive never seen a x-mod in person)

xxspeednplayaxx
12-24-2003, 06:25 PM
hey all, yesterday i strolled over to my local hobbytown and found a great motor for only 5.49$ the motor is made for more torque but its revs are set to 2.4V so when i strapped in my xmod it basicly flew.. the motor is called "hoppin hydros.. big bad johnson motor" if your decent at soldering and have an x-mod motor to spare then id give this mod a shot... happy holidays and happy modding

ImportCarRacer
01-18-2004, 11:12 PM
My friend did this and it flys!

He put two 2 inch bottles in his xmod and put helium air in it! Then he added a button that whould open up the bottles and let it come out of the exoushtion pipe. IT WAS SO AWESOME! Im planing to do that so its like NOS.

charliebrown
02-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Hey, xxspeednplayxx, I know the PERFECT setup for your car.

FET upgrade

Team Orion Elite Stock motor, 180 sized, with 10-15 winds taken off each leg in the armature, and the blue gear setup.

All Wheel Drive upgrade

6 cells with IC-3 batteries

Suspension and Steering upgrade

A LOT of foil wrapped around your antenna (For more range! :D)

And, of course, the rubber tire upgrade to get a good grip on the road! If you're racing on concrete, you'll want the hard tires. ;)

Chuckster...