PDA

View Full Version : Help! Skyline not working right

SkylineGT-R_man
12-02-2003, 12:45 PM
My Skyline isn't working right at all. It works good when I have the controller right next to it. When it goes maybe three to four feet away, it starts to stutter. Like this ...!...!...!(the ! means it gets a little bit of power). when it goes a little farther yet, the power completely cuts out. This is my second Skyline, the first did the same exact thing. When the second would work long range, it would get smoked by my friend's less invested and less powerful Supra. All the mods I have done to it are: Stage 1 & 2, suspension & steering, tires, metal bearing kit, and rechargable batteries. My friend's Supra doesn't have Stage 1, metal bearings, and sus. & st. Their are rumors on the recall on all Skylines, is this true? If it is will they take mine back and give me a new revised Skyline even though mine has some "battle scars"? Or, will they just give me a different Xmod? If so, will they take my body kit and Skyline starter kit without a receipt? If anybody that reads this thread that has information, please e-mail me any info. Thanks.

RSXRacer001
12-02-2003, 03:35 PM
first, before you take it back, check all the wires. on the motor, batteries, antenna, etc. then check for debri in the gears. then check the batteries. if everything is ok, then return it. you should be able to because you can only get xmods at rs and they know how much they cost. if they give you crap then either go to another store or raise hell. and make sure you take all you mods off.

Comrade_Boris
12-03-2003, 05:38 AM
hmmmm....make sure the tx and rx crystals are in all the way........

Patriot13
12-04-2003, 04:00 PM
I had the same problem with my Skyline. It would cut in and out at a certain point on the track almost like it was out of range. (Recently my friend started having a similar problem with his Supra. ) Other times it wouldn't respond at all until I right on top of the car.???? The problem kind of went away though, so I just assumed it was battery related. (I removed and replaced all the batteries.)