PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Bodies.. HELP!

miniDRIFTER
11-28-2003, 08:52 PM
Ok, so I was looking through some bodies by Tamiya ® and I was wondering if those Supra and NSX bodies would fit... now I know its not goint to fit snuggly with the wheels but I dont mind if the body is really wide, all I am concerned with is how the wheels will look. If anyone can tell me how it would look, I would really appreciate it. I was wondering how it would look like looking at it from the side.. I was wondering if it would come out lop sided or if it would come out even with the same ammount of space on the front wheel well and the rear.

( = fender
) = fender
O= wheel
_= side of car
. = space between wheel and fender

A. (...O.)_________(.O..) (I had to add dots because w/o it A and B looked the same, but ignore the dots)

or

B. (.O.)__________(.O.)

If anyone could please tell me which one it would look like, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to include this link.. lol :D http://www.ehobbies.com/models-shop-by-manufacturer-tamiya-1-24-sports-cars.html

miniDRIFTER
11-28-2003, 11:54 PM
*BUMP* its sad taht this post had 25 views and 0 replies, c'mon guys..

BaLLer5350
11-29-2003, 01:07 PM
they probably will not fit since they 1/24 scale. u could make it fit by chopping away some of it. u have a better chance of it fitting with a 1/25. i found a 1/25 scale shelby that fit just about perfectly, but its a convertible.:mad:

Shelby_HEMI
11-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Really? I've never seen a model Shelby Mustang convertible.

miniDRIFTER
11-30-2003, 01:20 AM
but can you tell me if it will look like diagram "A" or diagram "B" after being modded? i really want to get an NSX for my xmod.

BaLLer5350
11-30-2003, 09:30 PM
sorry Shelby_HEMI for the misunderstanding. it is actually a shelby series 1 that i got at walmart

miniDRIFTER
11-30-2003, 10:46 PM
can someone please answer my question, i really want to get a body, all I want to know is it going to come out like "A" or "B"? Thanx..

Shelby_HEMI
12-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BaLLer5350
sorry Shelby_HEMI for the misunderstanding. it is actually a shelby series 1 that i got at walmart

rats.

Anybody got a Shelby "Eleanor" Mustang model (plastic) that would fit on an XMOD that they could give me for free?

Lordnukem
12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
After searching through some of my model bodies, It appears that your diagram "A" lis going to be the answer.. unless you stretch the chassis to fit.. :rolleyes:

miniDRIFTER
12-04-2003, 06:27 PM
poop.. I just ordered an Efini RX-7 for my XMOD™, if it doesnt fit my XMOD™ I'll just make the model and sit it somewhere lol..

EDIT: Oh yea, the model cost me 2 dollars on eBay NIB (new in box).. for 2 bux you cant go wrong. And yes its 1:24, so it should fit with some modifications.