PDA

View Full Version : Paint Tips

Mclaren
11-24-2003, 09:49 AM
I need some ideas paint job for my Supra. Can any one give my some tips plz. Like mybe i should put some stipes on it or any thing like that or like what color i should make it. Also do i sand it down or something like that? Its up to u to help me with my Supra. I will keep this updated everday when i get some good ideas i will use them. when i am done i will show the picture of my car.:cool:

major skyline
11-24-2003, 11:07 AM
For my supra i used an airbush. i started with a coat of testors primer then i wet sanded it with 800 grit wet/dry sand paper, then anotyer coat of primer, more sanding, then 2 caots of testor gloss black, then 5 coays of timaya cc. for the hood i used testors flat black painted it on really thick then took a dry brush and drug it across diagonally then airbrushed on another coat after that dried to get that carbon fiber look. i think it came out pretty good check it out at
http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.phps=&threadid=14488&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

starman76
11-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mclaren
I need some ideas paint job for my Supra. Can any one give my some tips plz. Like mybe i should put some stipes on it or any thing like that or like what color i should make it. Also do i sand it down or something like that? Its up to u to help me with my Supra. I will keep this updated everday when i get some good ideas i will use them. when i am done i will show the picture of my car.:cool:

Here is an example of what an airbrush can do for a body...