PDA

View Full Version : not charging

go_zz_go
10-03-2002, 10:10 PM
after all this battery changeing my zz would not charge after messing with and almost throwing across the room i realized the metal tabs are not positioned right. check the bottom and see if you see two silver tabs on each side the ones closer to the rear are the ones that make contact just thought i would worn you before you get pretty upset with your zz and call it a few choice words

ax0n
10-03-2002, 10:15 PM
after having my battery out a few times and having to reposition them about 20 times whenever I wanted the battery back in, I finally used a dab of LocTite QuickTite Cyanoacrylate Gel to hold 'em in. :D They ain't goin NOWHERE. Be sure to let it dry before putting teh battery back in.

Also, as superglue hardens, the fumes tend to collect on any surfaces that have body oils or moisture, leaving a nasty white crusty residue, so be sure to leave the circuitboard out of the way too, and then clean the contacts (especially where it meets the battery, and where it meets the charger) with alcohol-soaked cotton swabs and you should be fine.

go_zz_go
10-03-2002, 10:18 PM
dang i was just about to ask if i should use a special glue for this thanks for reading my mind