PDA

View Full Version : I did it.

chaskaman
10-02-2002, 10:21 PM
I of all people have saved enough money for a new car!!!!!!!
Ok this is what I want.

1. DTM X4
2. Hitech HS-81mg
3. Novak SPY
4. receiver
5. The best 180 turn motor
6. Bumper
7. Bearings
8. Tires and more tires even a selection would be nice
9. Pre-pained nice bodies?

Any chance of finding a up-graded kit or "pro"? Who has the best price? Who has the best selection of parts. What is the best motor?

gertman
10-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Do you already have a remote? What type of reciever are you planning to use?

The best motor I suggest is a GPM High Speed motor. I would buy the servo from servocity.com and the spedo from Tower Hobbies. All the rest you should be able to buy here, if not you can find it at Horrizonhobbies.com.

I don't know of anybody selling pre-painted bodies.........BUT, if you ship me a body and tell me what color, We may be able to work something out. I won't do more than 2 colors, sorry ;)

chaskaman
10-03-2002, 10:34 PM
I currently have a hopped up T-maxx running a Picco .21, extended chassis, proline extended A-arms. I also have a Mini-z that is tricked out. The mini-z is my winter car. My cusin, brother, wife's brother, the guy that lives next to us we all bought
T-maxx's & mini-z's. There is one E-maxx in the mix. I'm using the "JR Racing XR3, for a reicever. Not one of my freinds have even heard about this little buggy yet. We have built a 22'x10' track with 24" racing lanes. We are currently looking at a lap counter made by http://www.infoserve.net/oss/slotcar/rctimer.htm
I think it would be fun to be the first kid on the block with this toy.

gertman
10-04-2002, 12:42 AM
Can you give me some rough measurments of your reciever. I am thinking you may be better off with the DTM-SP with a reciever that big. I am sure you could wedge, or somehow, attach it to the X4 BUT it wouldn't be pretty :p

O, by the way, what are you thinking about for a charger? You need a variable rate peak charger that can charge as low as 1 amp or below. Do you have one?

chaskaman
10-07-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm in need of a receiver. I'm pretty shure I need the x4. On the 1/10 scale 4 wheel drive's own the world. I would think having this technolgy would give you the edge. I was looking into different batteries also, 6 cell 1000mah nmh L 2"- W 1.4"- H.7". I'm thinking the run time should almost be trippled. I do need a new charger. I hope the ABC products are tough because I truly will run this car hard!!! I found some pre-painted Revell models at my local hobbie store.

Thanks

was ist los?
10-08-2002, 05:11 PM
well, the batts you are refering to are probably 2/3 A , which is way too big for the x4, which uses batts the size of the bit charges, 1/3 AA or something like that. you would have to make a custom saddle pack and place like 2 cells on the electronics side and 4 on the normal side for balance. the car will also be slighty slower because of the added weight, but will have more punch because the larger cells can release more energy. thats just my thought.

gertman
10-08-2002, 05:33 PM
HE's right you know ;)

The pack you describe is a little big. :(

Here are some rough dimensions of the actual pack:

2" long

1/2" high

1 1/8" wide

tinyrc
10-12-2002, 01:33 AM
chaskaman, have you considered the Mini-X at all?

chaskaman
10-12-2002, 06:55 PM
I've heard about the Mini-x. I really want the highest quality 1/24 scale car availible. The ABC products appear to be engineered nicely. The 4 wheel drive technologies are an atribute. The x4 (correct me if I'm wrong) looks to be 2 steps ahead of the mini-x. I'm not dissing the car, you get what you pay for. There must be a battery out there that has more juice. I'm going to rack my brains on this for awhile. The guy at my local Hobbie shop(lhs) has the SP and said he will match any price out there, he also told me if I run ABC products he will He will start to carry more parts. My current 1/24th scale like most others is the mini-z. My friends that I race with also run the mini-z. I think it's a nice toy. I'm need to take it to a higher level. I've noticed that you and dinball are starting to carry more mini-x stuff. I haven't been impressed with the growth of new parts for the mini-x. I hope the x4 is the best product if so there will be many parts on the way. Tell me what you think...........evryone please.

thanks

gertman
10-12-2002, 07:26 PM
What surface are you looking to run on?

If you want to be the fastest, what's wrong with the SP ?

chaskaman
10-12-2002, 08:14 PM
We run on a flat track in my basement which is a seamless asfalt textured roofing mattereal that will eat soft tires. We are researching a new track with banked corners haven't picked the racing surface yet. As far as speed I agree that the SP is fast. Does the x4 handle better? It control is what wins the race. What runs better the SP or the X4. I compeletly understand that on my track I will never go over 35 mph, if that. What kind of distance is required for a hopped up sp to reach full speed. What is that speed? what kind of distance and speed for the x4? which car handle the hairpins better. What about the sweet banked corners? I want a car for racing and winning. When all cars are stock I seam to do well. I beat the odds anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply.

gertman
10-13-2002, 12:05 AM
How tight is your track? It's built for Mini-Z's right? How many can race side-by-side?

How do they handle on that track AND what type of rear suspension seems to work best there ex. 3 shocks, just H-plate ???

Are your (I assume) modded Mini-Z's already too fast for the size of the track? What kind of motors are you using and what do you have them geared at? Do you have long straight aways, short one's what?

The DTM-X4 may just traction roll on your track because it is such a high traction surface. Also, the SP has a much smaller turning radius than the X4. By the way, both the X4 and SP come with foam tires............so you'll probably have to go search for some rubber ones.

AS far as handling, the SP still seams to handle better in my opinion. The X4 doesn't have any real suspension besides chassis flex..............depending on how flat your track surface is the Mini-X may work better (if you decide you need 4 wheel drive).

gertman
10-13-2002, 12:14 AM
AS far as: 1/10 scale 4 wheel drive's own the world.

This may be true at the club/ amature level BUT a good driver with a pan car (rear wheel drive) would SPANK him bad!!!:p

4wd does not automatically make you go faster, it makes the car easier to drive fast!! 4wd is easier to drive at higher speeds and around turns.

BUT, depending on your track layout and driving style you may end up being faster with an SP. Remember there really is no way to "dial" in the X4 except for changing tire softness.

Also, remember the mini-X is the same size as the mini-z AND the DTM cars are significantly larger and make wider turns than a mini-Z.

chaskaman
10-13-2002, 12:33 AM
As far as speed yes the mini-z is faster than our current track. yes we are all using the three shock system. I run the dimballator esc very fast. Our next track will not have the same surface due to the high crip nature of our current track. We are running 24" racing lanes. Two 20' long streches that is a big oval with some tight turns in the center of the track. On our new track the outer oval will have 22 degree banked corners. We are still looking for the perfect racing surface. We were talking about tring a flat latex paint. Any ideas there? What ever we use must be seemless. Maybe the SP you say. I need to sleep on that.

Thanks again.

irc
10-13-2002, 01:25 AM
Chaskaman,

I sprayed full size car undercoating on my current track surface. It comes in large spray cans and is cheap! It provides Amazing traction for any car

chaskaman
10-14-2002, 06:32 PM
OK guy's I did purchase the SP today. So now I will start a new topic over there. Thanks all.