PDA

View Full Version : wireless camera

3series takumi
11-10-2003, 12:53 PM
i just found that i can get a wireless camera system with audio for 54$ and a cam w/o audio for 45$ maybe less if i can get many of them at one time.

it is a full kit that includes a 20mmx20mm cam
9v battery plug and wall jack for the cam (if you dont want to use the battery)
receiver for the camera with power adapter (can also be ran with a 9v)
and rca cables to plug the receiver into a tv or vcr

the cams have a 100foot range thru walls and 1000ft range in open air

if you are interested drop me an email

i want to grab some for my overland and minix :D

Profoxcg
11-12-2003, 02:47 PM
e-mail or IM later with the details man.

helldriver
12-01-2003, 09:17 PM
But the problem is how to transfer the money?
Mail me, Anthony.
Thanks.

helldriver
12-01-2003, 09:24 PM
But the problem is how to transfer the money?
Mail me, Anthony.
Thanks.

baleisen
12-03-2003, 10:15 PM
I am interested also. E-mail me. baleisen@hotmail.com

tinyrc
12-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Nice! Please email me too! :)

btrc

Profoxcg
12-04-2003, 03:14 PM
I think your shop is suposed to sent me some part for my mini-x which was out of stock last month when I ordered.. can you please follow up?

3series takumi
12-04-2003, 07:03 PM
i am sorry to report my master harddrive went out, die, broke, however you want to put it. but i am gettin it recovered as i write this post. hopefully my computer will be up and running by tomorrow and i can get info out to everyone :)

for now all i got is my telios :(

Hooters Driver
12-13-2003, 04:01 PM
3series,

I am interested in buying one of your cameras. Please give me more details about them and tell me how you would prefer payment.

baleisen
12-13-2003, 06:40 PM
What does the power cap do? BAE

3series takumi
12-13-2003, 08:08 PM
aaa cells are bad for cars. when you hit the gas the voltage drops. in my car it studders tryin to get up to speed, the power cap prevents the drop from happening as well as spikes. so it protectes everything as well as giving me 10v of power at launch. it also keeps the esc and motor cooler.

BAE did you get my email?

cdog4w
12-14-2003, 04:15 AM
I was wondering about this, if the cap is wired parallel with ESC and batteries (I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere), wouldn't putting 10V through that be a bad thing? Could you fry your electronics, or can the ESC handle 10V? If nothing else, it seems it would be an unbalanced system unless you gave the cap enough time to charge by not constantly driving full throttle.

Out of curiousity, do you know why it keeps the motor/ESC cooler?

Sorry if there are any electronic misconceptions in my questions.

P.S. I saw a thread on the xmod forum about upgrading to 16 guage wires, would there be any reason to do that at this scale/current draw?

3series takumi
12-14-2003, 12:53 PM
my esc can handle 8.4 volts continuous. the 10volts is only for a short period of time and will not hurt the esc. especially since it will never hit 10v, that is just the peak of the cap. the cap will fill any time you hit the brakes or coast thru a corner. so basically it is ready at... first launch and generally when you are exiting a corner (unless you never let go of the throttle. the reason that it keeps things cooler is because it gets rid of all the voltage spikes that the esc is taking from the battery. it lets the esc and motor work more efficiently. i also find myself not hammering the throttle as much cause my cars response it much smoother. if you dont believe me go hit up your local hobby shop. they will know and probably will sell them for their 1/10th scale cars. with the lrp esc i have, there is a (world kit) that comes with a punch cap and heatsink. i have seen the caps ran mostly on carpet setups. hope i have answered your questions.
oh one last thing, the draw back to the cap is it reduces run time. it is always drinkin power from the battery even at stand still, but not as much as the motor and the rest of the the car.

increasing the gage of the wire just makes sure that all the power is gettin to the car better and stops the wire temp from rising (lower resistance). but that is dumb to do that to a stock setup.

cdog4w
12-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Good explanation, thanks again. I'm still running on crappy asphalt, so maybe I'll save that one for later :P

3series takumi
12-23-2003, 07:54 PM
helldriver and who ever else... last call for the cameras... i cant wait any longer. i will be sending out emails to the people i have talked to. if you wanted one and havent talked to me yet now is your last chance.