PDA

View Full Version : Interchangable body kits

FLMX647
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey has ne1 tried interchanging the body kits between cars? I want parts off the RSX body kit 2 put on my supra.

Murcielago659
11-05-2003, 11:36 PM
The screw holes and the edges won't match up.

Rotary Freak
11-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Well, that and I'm not quite sure how good that would look, being that those two cars have different shapes..cool idea though. It would be rather strange to see conversion kits for X-Mods (body kits designed to make your car look JDM or like another car entirely..for some reason)

mbartell
11-06-2003, 08:53 AM
BAH anything is possible with a dremel tool.
I think it would look cool to start really swapping parts. People do it on real cars, so why not.
If it dosn't fit trim it, or use putty to make it work.
With 3 of the cars having the same wheelbase Why not?

viperkilla
11-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I dont think that interchanging parts from different cars would work very well. You could always just use some putty and use a dremel I guess.

Stormvet
11-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by mbartell
BAH anything is possible with a dremel tool.
I think it would look cool to start really swapping parts. People do it on real cars, so why not.
If it dosn't fit trim it, or use putty to make it work.
With 3 of the cars having the same wheelbase Why not?

I thought all of the XMods had the same wheelbase. Don't the all run on the same chasis???

There could be some cool mods with interchanging the body kits though!

viperkilla
11-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Stormvet
I thought all of the XMods had the same wheelbase. Don't the all run on the same chasis???

There could be some cool mods with interchanging the body kits though!

No, all the cars have the wheelbase setting to the back except for the RSX which is in the middle (I think).

Stormvet
11-17-2003, 04:14 PM
OK... I stand corrected.

They do all use the same chasis but I fogot about the screw for wheelbase.

Thanks!