PDA

View Full Version : Fully Loaded Supra

Stewpot
11-01-2003, 10:17 AM
If there was any more mods to do I'd be ready. My Supra's got the whole shebang of mods except for the foam tire kit.

A few points to note:

The light kit; I removed the lenses and drilled the light socket out to get the LEDs to fit in better. Otherwise they were buried inside too far and I guess they'd suck that way. I secured them with a small drop of plastic model cement. As well, the lenses were replaced with the same stuff.

The AWD kit; I notice the (USA) drivers side front wheel was barely moving at start up and took a few seconds to get revved at full throttle. Meanwhile the (USA)passenger side was flying. So I figured I'd burn up the power in the alkalines by breaking in the new motor and holding the passenger side wheel to make the diff. run the drivers side only in the front. Seems to have worked a little. Break in and decent lube jobs help immensely.

With all the options installed now, it's time to tweak for best running. I'll have ot see what happens with different setups for now. I like the performance now, it's probably as fast as my Mini Z if not a hair more, but I've now run out of floor slace to hit full speed. Time to get a bigger house!