PDA

View Full Version : another newbie with questions

lostbaka
10-31-2003, 02:33 AM
Hey, I had few questions before buying a mini rc.

1) In your opinions, which is better xmods or the mini x?
2) Are there mini x bundles that include the transmitter?
3) Where can I get a Nissan Skyline body and Subaru Imprezza rally body?
4) How hard is it to raise the car and give the suspension more travel? (I've read the posts, but I'm still a little lost)
5) Are the XMOD motors compatible?
6) What's a good setup to make drifting easier? The reason for question 5 is there's an XMOD drift motor that's got me interested.
7) Are there light kits available?

Thanks in advance
L. Baka

3series takumi
11-02-2003, 07:20 PM
there are hopups available for this car. there are plenty of replacement parts though. lifting it took me no time at all. using thicker tires also helps (overland tires). IMO the minix is better only because i am not big on just buying parts. i like to make or craft my own stuff (cheaper and more fun). there are ready to run kits but they will cost way more than an xmod, becuase of the 'better' electronics. i have an xmod and it is great for a beginner to the hobby, but it is slow, lacks the smooth high res electronics and is loud. i do have to say they look beautiful though. my minix, when it was stock, was the the ugliest thing i had ever seen.

i would say cruise the forums and see what would fit you best. if you are new, xmod, if you are creative minix

lostbaka
11-03-2003, 01:00 AM
I like tinkering so I went with mini x. I can't wait till it gets here!! I've been reading the suspension mods, including the xmod swap, and I really want to try them.

I'll post again as soon as I get it.
Thanks again

L. Baka