PDA

View Full Version : RE: Apex RC track/Polycarb bodies

mcojoc
10-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I Just spoke to Dave at Apex Racing. They have a new track out for the indoor racers.... 2 and 3 lane ovals. Straights are about 25 feel long according to him.... Fast surface for racing!

Dave also mentioned they are also working out the kinks on polycarb bodies (NASCAR), and I believe he mentioned a Porsche and another make body as well in the works.....FYI...

Cubicle
10-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Im assuming these bodies will be for the Spec 2 only?

Good news on the track !

mcojoc
10-27-2003, 06:58 PM
... Since the bodies are polycarb (clear) I assume you can use them for either/or depending on if they have wheel wells pre-outlined for cutting....He is sending one of the original samples along to me as a courtesy and I'll gladly get some pictures of it up as soon as I get it, and after painting....

He was concerned that they were too thin and as a result is having them reworked so they are sturdier....

On another note, the reason for his long distance call was that an order I placed for parts (which was delivered on time and without error) had a problem in one of the packages. It seems a front spring was missing. He apologized and got my info to send me a replacement part AND sat on the phone with me for 20 minutes to discuss car stuff in general like the polycar bodies and aluminum wheels....

Great customer service and a nice guy to boot.

mcojoc
10-27-2003, 07:04 PM
http://www.rctech.net/events/chicago2003/index.shtml

AND LAP COUNTING FOR 6 CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!