PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments?

MattH
10-26-2003, 09:45 AM
What's the word on the tournaments? Are they going to start before the summer of '04? What are the rules going to be? I've heard someone here say that only Radio Shack (RS) hop-ups will be allowed with the possible exception being the body. Does that mean you can cut the chassis as long as only RS parts are used? How about the body, can I hack away and be legal and maybe lose the screws, too? I want to start messing with my XMOD but I want to keep it legal?

Savior*insider
10-26-2003, 10:13 AM
the rules have not yet been drawn up but no hacking mods of any kind will be permitted. im thinking that they will allow only the xmod labeled products be used with the exception of batterys. it will start in summer 04. by body mods it refers to cosmetic body mods only.

slugbugg
10-26-2003, 10:23 AM
Are they going to pull peoples cars apart and check for titanium center shafts?
I guess if I get a light weight chassis done up (my homemade chassis is still heavy)I wont be able to use it, oh well I'm shooting to stomp all over Mini-Z's anyway.

It would be fun to go to an RS event just to check it out.

Savior*insider
10-26-2003, 10:26 AM
yes actually, after u win the qualifying races your car is subject to inspection.

MattH
10-26-2003, 11:38 AM
It would be great if there were two simple classes. One called XMOD RACER where all you could do was add official XMOD hop-ups and then a second class called OPEN XMOD where any mods were allowed such as aftermarket hop-ups and chassis and body cutting. The XMOD RACER class would be for prizes and bragging rights and the OPEN XMOD class would be just for bragging rights. This would be nice and simple; you're either in one class or the other.

aperson
10-26-2003, 03:11 PM
yeah but then they'd have to cut the XMOD racer class into 4 classes Stage 1 AWD, Stage1 RWD, Stage 2 AWD, & Stage 2 RWD

wasuri
10-26-2003, 03:57 PM
where do you guys get the info for this? I just wanna know where i can see official words that say there might even be one in the first place. THANKS!

Profoxcg
10-27-2003, 07:27 AM
I'm shooting to stomp all over Mini-Z's anyway.

good luck ! haha :D

cj1267
10-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Here you go the back page of the mini Mag.

The readable version can be found and the XmodsRC Yahoo Group at Mini Mag PDF (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XmodsRC/files/XMODMagalogpdf.pdf) .

viperkilla
10-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey cj do you know what cities the tournaments are going to be held in? I hope it is near the Washington D.C. area. I live about 20 minutes from DC.

tinyrc
10-27-2003, 08:41 PM
From what I heard, the grand prize will be a $300K car from F&F?! :eek:

viperkilla
10-31-2003, 07:24 AM
I have just read an article from TIME magazine and according to them, the tournaments will kick off in April 2004

Savior*insider
10-31-2003, 08:27 AM
yup yup yup. things for the tourneys are lookin good. it looks like since the whole spirit of xmods is modding your cars to the max, there will be open modding competition at the races. ya the racing tour looks promising. there is no official word on how many or where the races are going to take place but im sure that there will be at least one near where you live.

XMODADDICT
10-31-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by tinyrc
From what I heard, the grand prize will be a $300K car from F&F?! :eek: if thats tru^^i'm a lil skeptical about such a prize