PDA

View Full Version : RSX in Eternal Blue Pearl (sorta)

neurokinetik
10-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Here's my three day old RSX. Painted to match the Eternal Blue Pearl that the real car comes in. It's actually Testors Sapphire Blue metallic, but it's close enough, IMO. :D I haven't decided which wing I will use, if any. I painted all the body kit parts to match all at the same time.

http://users.adelphia.net/~neurokinetik/rsx-blue-1.jpg

http://users.adelphia.net/~neurokinetik/rsx-blue-rear.jpg

http://users.adelphia.net/~neurokinetik/rsx-blue-front.jpg

ridealot100
10-24-2003, 09:36 PM
oh wow, that looks so nice. and the best p[ossible color to. gret job
the windows are masked perfectly

lilcricket
10-24-2003, 11:21 PM
where did you get the paint, and is it sprayed?

Tekisui
10-25-2003, 01:00 AM
that looks really good, like the color. I love that you painted the headlights to match the body. Nice touch!!

viperkilla
10-25-2003, 06:46 AM
That is one sweet looking rsx. What brand of paint did you use? Did you spray paint it? Very nice looking RSX.

Bad Company
10-25-2003, 08:44 AM
That looks very nice. As ridealot100 said, you did a fantastic job masking the windows. I love the color too. Good job!

viperkilla
10-25-2003, 08:47 AM
I think that you are missing the mirrors. Did you take them off when you painted your car?

neurokinetik
10-25-2003, 01:40 PM
The paint was Testors Sapphire Blue metallic, sprayed from the can. It was very hard to get a good even smooth coat with the can. In fact, there are some runs in the finish that the pics don't show very well. Airbrush is a must if I want to try to make it one look better in the future.

Mirrors are not on yet, I had a problem with the bottom of them and they need to be redone or touched up. I did mask them off in the center, so the mirror surface will show up in silver. I may pick up some chrome paint or mylar and do the mirrors with that to make them look more realistic.

Many of the pieces are not even glued back in yet, I noticed in the pics Ihave the canards backwards, producing lift. :lol: Now that the paint is cured better I can commence getting the headlights and tails glued back in.

Still trying to decide if I want to put one of the wings on. I'm not too keen on drilling holes in the trunk if I don't have to, and then being stuck with them if I decide I don't like the look. I think it looks fine without a wing for now.

GhettoFiedRacin
10-25-2003, 04:13 PM
so wait ..... u have to DRILL Holes in the RSX to get the wing in .... so that means that u would have to drill holes in the civic to get a wing in when the kit is available... thats just weird:confused:

ZipRC
10-25-2003, 10:10 PM
what'd you use to mask/redo the wild front aero grill and carbon fiber trimming? i was examining the wild kit and it looks hard to keep that black in there.

neurokinetik
10-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by GhettoFiedRacin
so wait ..... u have to DRILL Holes in the RSX to get the wing in .... so that means that u would have to drill holes in the civic to get a wing in when the kit is available... thats just weird:confused:

Yes, that is actually the case with all of the body kits except for the Skyline, which uses the same holes for all of its wings.

Originally posted by ZipRC what'd you use to mask/redo the wild front aero grill and carbon fiber trimming? i was examining the wild kit and it looks hard to keep that black in there.

Masking tape, a flatblade jeweler's screwdriver and a razor blade. I did get a little seepage (can be seen in the pics), but that's touched up now. I took the canards off when I painted the front bumper. The bottom black splitters were just masked off. I didn't bother to mask that thin black line at the bottom. It isn't noticible enough to bother with.

Savior*insider
10-25-2003, 11:22 PM
eternal blue pearl u say?

neurokinetik
10-25-2003, 11:52 PM
That's the name of the Acura color. The actual paint I used is Testors Sapphire Blue metallic.

This is the actual car color. The paint I used is pretty darn close. Keep in mind the flash in my pictures makes it look lighter.

http://www.acura.com/images/rsx/rsx_gallpop_img1_ext.jpg

Savior*insider
10-25-2003, 11:54 PM
hmmm i wonder what that would be in tamiya, thats what im using after seeing BC's gunmetal skyline...

Bad Company
10-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Savior*insider
hmmm i wonder what that would be in tamiya, thats what im using after seeing BC's gunmetal skyline...
TS-50...Mica Blue looks like this...

Savior*insider
10-26-2003, 10:19 AM
excellent ty bc.

Paintballa
10-26-2003, 11:33 AM
wow that looks great. it looks just like my friends eternal pearl blue rsx type-s exept he put on the wing that comes on the honda integra(japanese rsx) i wish that wing came with the body kit.

fetusduck
10-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Yo, dude thats a sweet paint job, i wanna know how to paint my x-mod civic to dawg. What kind of paint do you use and how do you do it. send me instructions please.

XMODADDICT
10-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Bad Company
TS-50...Mica Blue looks like this... what wheels are those???

Bad Company
10-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by XMODADDICT
what wheels are those???
They are off of the new series of 1/64 DUB City diecast.

Also, I think I have decided to go ahead and paint my RSX the Mica Blue too. Not trying to copy, but man...that color is really nice in person, one of my personal favs.

EMX
10-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Looks hoTT Brett ;)

rogotiz3
10-28-2003, 11:42 PM
whoa tight car, another excellent paint job. are you gonna add anymore decals and designs? if so Would you be interested in being in "The Show" section of my site?

TwizteD
10-29-2003, 03:47 PM
ya that looks hott