PDA

View Full Version : Returned my XMOD

Jimmi94se
10-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Yes, I am sorry to say this morning I went back to Radio Shack and returned my XMOD. I had problems with the steering and it would just keep going in a cirlce. I did get help to try and fix this problem but it didn't work. When I was returning it the lady behind the desk got frustrated with me because " Hun, you're not supposed to be driving these outside. They're too low to the ground and aren't like these big trucks over here are built. " She continued talking and behind to pull little hairs, probably from my car out of the wheel area and went on to tell me that , that was probably why it kept turning.

So like I was told by her to do , " If you're buddies have one or are getting one, tell them they are not supposed to drive them outside." I guess they don't understand that some of us aren't privlaged enough to have enough room to drive these around inside... well I just thought I would give me $.02 and tell everyone the experience I had. Maybe I will purchase another one in the future but for now, I am done.

Good luck..
Jimmy

Murcielago659
10-23-2003, 01:37 PM
I drive mine outside all the time and have no problems with it. My dad's basement is dirtier than my street, so I would prefer to use it outside.

roostertail11
10-23-2003, 01:51 PM
thats pretty funny cuz i just bought my x mod today and the guy working at radio shack was running it ouside in the parking lot.

viperkilla
10-23-2003, 01:54 PM
I have a question. When you drive your xmods do rocks, dirt and other stuff get stuck in the car easily?

roostertail11
10-23-2003, 02:25 PM
the problem with the rocks for me is that they prop the cars wheels off the ground and it cannot go any where.

metsrule119
10-23-2003, 02:40 PM
HAHA-

I just read this thread and I'm sorry about your car jimmi, but I just went to the official XMODS site and it says on the homepage
"...So you'll be ready for any challenge, from the parking lot to the neighborhood track."

Show that lady whos boss!

Jimmi94se
10-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Yea, I'm not worried about it...it was like 10:10 when I went in there and none of us looked too awake. But yea...I'm not upset about it..I think I'll eventually get another one...so who knows

MicroSpeed
10-23-2003, 04:14 PM
If you get hair in the axles (as I always do), why don't you just take the wheels off and pick it out, or if it's jammed in there farther you could take off the front end parts (as if you were doing the AWD conversion) and get it out then. Or is it stuck in farther, like in the servo or differential?

viperkilla
10-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MicroSpeed
If you get hair in the axles (as I always do), why don't you just take the wheels off and pick it out, or if it's jammed in there farther you could take off the front end parts (as if you were doing the AWD conversion) and get it out then. Or is it stuck in farther, like in the servo or differential?

Is it difficult detaching the wheels from the chasis?

MicroSpeed
10-23-2003, 04:22 PM
no, you just use the little wrench that cames in the starter kit to take off the bolt that holds them in place, and anyway, it's (in my opinion) easier to take them off then put them on, and you have to put them on when you get the car anyway.

Savior*insider
10-23-2003, 04:28 PM
AHAHAHAHA omfg, i cant beleive she actually said that! srry about your xmod man, hope u get another one soon.

aperson
10-23-2003, 05:27 PM
was she blonde?

Jimmi94se
10-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Actually yes she was....and when she asked the guy that was werking there to what they should do he just said do whatever he wants...I was like sweet.... That' explains why she said what she said i never thought about that...she asked if i wanted another car i said no i want cash back she said well that's impossible...you paid with a credit card...then she shut up when i said, fine then...i want to be credited for the car...lol...some people...:cool: