PDA

View Full Version : ZZ NOS motor in Bit char-g.....how fast???

SPEED
09-29-2002, 11:18 PM
How fast is the ZZ motor in a Bit char-g with the red ZZ gears???

MTL
09-29-2002, 11:27 PM
NOT FAST!!
its like a 2.2 motor doode....i have yet to make my ZZ flip from the speeds ;/

SPEED
09-29-2002, 11:52 PM
Are you talkin about the NOS in the ZZ or in a bit??? Have you tried the NOS in a Bit char-g with the 12:1 gearing??

MTL
09-30-2002, 01:59 AM
oh my bad..i misread hahaha

well i havent tried it yet, because i couldnt seem to get the damn engine to fit inside the bit chassis...;/ didnt wanna wreck my bod trying..
but ive heard that it does fit..guess ill try again

ericb49
10-04-2002, 12:40 PM
I've tried the TUrbo (2.15) motor and it seems to SMOKE my 3.2 with the same gears, instant top speed off the line (like tire burning). I was going to try the stock (1.6) and NOS (2.35) ZZ motors later. Seems like the motors are built for less current (coreless?), so when you give them some bit-juice they FLY!

binaryterror
10-04-2002, 01:04 PM
i Also couldnt get those ZZ motors to fit in my Bit Char-G

ericb49
10-04-2002, 04:00 PM
They fit, the ZZ motors are the same dimensionally as the OEM (3.0, 3.2, 3.8) motors so if you are used to jamming those in you should be able to get these to fit. I bent the retaining clip for the heatsink out a tiny bit, helps hold the motor in better. Just be sure the heatsink is hooked on the idler gear axle first, then snap it closed over the motor.

FYI did some tests on the 7' "track" (lineoleum).

Microsizer Celica 27MHz
Stock (orange 9.86:1) gears
Stock (soft slick) tires, scuffed

OEM 3.2 Motor ~ 1.6 secs

ZZ stock (1.6?) ~ 2.4 secs

ZZ Turbo (2.15) ~ 1.6 secs

ZZ NOS (2.35) ~ 1.6 secs

The ZZ upgrade motors are too darn close in "advertised" RPM, if I had more accurate timing there might be slight edge to the NOS. There is a definite diff in the first 1' between the OEM and ZZ motors, the ZZ motor hits full RPM immediatly, tall gears should prove this!

verbalkint
10-05-2002, 08:15 PM
For some reason when I drop a 1.6 ZZ motor in my bit, it smokes my Xanavi SE with a 2.6 tomy motor and the Xanavi has 8.25:1 and the bit with 1.6 motor has a 9.?:1 ratio which makes no sense. All of the ZZ motors I dropped in my bits were insanely fast. The NOS, to me ran like what a 3.4 or 3.8 might when in my bit. Only have a 3.0 so I don't know, but the NOS in my bit, was uncontrolably fast. I can only imagine when I get my Bit/Zap hybrid how my ZZ will run with the nos and up...

SPEED
10-05-2002, 11:51 PM
I put a blue ZZ motor in and it seamed slow......mayeb it was because my controller is bad (range is messed up) How does the red motor do in the bit???

SPEED
10-06-2002, 02:48 AM
just got done putting th red motor on......this thing is FAST!!!!! And that is with the blue ZZ gears. I wonder what it would be like with the red gears......:D

Ghost of Akina
10-19-2002, 01:33 PM
well how fast do the motors go in ZZs

steve1970
10-21-2002, 11:27 AM
Put the ZZ 2.35 (NOS) in my Microsizer, stock orange gears, and at least half the time it would flip on turns! Extremely fast...wish my ZZ would go that fast!

rrvbl
10-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Speed, I believe the blue ZZ motor is a 1.0.

I just got some Huale clones and the box says 1.0, but the things fly. They are really hard to control. They almost always spin out on turning and turn very sharply on both cardboard and hardwood floors. It could be my bad driving :p

I tried the blue ZZ motor and it was much much slower, but much easier to control and I believe it lasted longer.

The red ZZ motor seemed to be very close, if not exactly, the same as the original motor in my clones. So, I'm guessing the clones came with a 2.2 motor instead of the 1.0 that the box says.

SPEED
10-23-2002, 09:03 PM
yeah thanks for the reply's guys. I'll have to wait to try this out until i get another bit char-g. My Bit char-g decided to die out on me :mad: but i'm getting one this weekend!!! oh and rrvball about the Hual clones, the reason why its so hard to control may be because of the REALLY Hard tires that they are supplied with. Put some softer tires on there and you should be able to control it MUCH better.

MICROMAZDA
10-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Well I've had my Sizer for a day now and already mod'd it. I put the turbo ZZ motor in with the stock gear that came with the Sizer. Its probably twice as fast but not flip on a turn fast that I'm after. My next two motors will be the ZZ NOS and the 3.6 for the Sizers. That should give me flip on the turn fast :)

You gota kinda cram the motor in and tweak the heat sink a bit. I'm going to make a new heat shield for my Sizer. One that will fit with the ZZ motors and not have to put torque on the idler gear axle. All the heat sink is is a peice of aluminum so it shouldn't be hard to come up with a custom design.

Also I think this lil hobby will get me back into model car building!

rrvbl
10-24-2002, 08:00 AM
Speed, the tires don't feel hard. But, I guess I don't know since I don't have any other tires to compare. I also read somewhere on here that the Bit Racer tires were all harder than the stock tires. So, I assume those wouldn't work any better. Do I have to buy the colored tires or the microsizer ones that tinyrc sells?

thanks

Supra-00
10-25-2002, 07:56 PM
I just picked up a RX-7 Micro Sizer. Tuesday I'll be installing a ZZ Nos motor, ZZ Red gear, and if possible (dought it) the ZZ Red axel. I dought it will fit. But Ill try.

Barry
10-25-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Supra-00
I just picked up a RX-7 Micro Sizer. Tuesday I'll be installing a ZZ Nos motor, ZZ Red gear, and if possible (dought it) the ZZ Red axel. I dought it will fit. But Ill try.

The red axel will fit without problems. pretty much all ZZ parts are compatable with microsizers... (Except body)...

Supra-00
10-25-2002, 11:15 PM
If only the body's fit....... I have to by a ZZ just for the body styles I like =(........

Need to make a body conversion mod.

gotstuffs
10-26-2002, 03:00 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can get these ZZ motor you talk about? and are there faster motors on the market can anyone tell where is the best tplace to get motors.

MICROMAZDA
10-26-2002, 01:57 PM
You can get the turbo and the nos motor in the Fast and Furious pack. But good luck finding one.

As for faster motors for bits you can get a 3.8 i think on this site for 11 bux? The 2.3 NOS motor is pretty quick...I can't imagine a 3.8

MTL
10-27-2002, 01:58 AM
i already tried cramming the motor in the first place...i didnt wanna wreck my bit chassis..so i did some cutting with an exacto
umm..ok..i got bored..and thought my 3.0 was dying because it felt slower then when i first got it......i put the Nos motor...and it was really slow for some reason ;/ there goes my big surprise
same with the red motor...
maybe its because it isnt getting enough energy or something..but its about as fast as my ZZ ;/ no fun

steve1970
10-27-2002, 06:42 AM
Okay, dumb question...the ZZ 2.35 (NOS) motor...the ZipZaps don't put as much current to the motor as the Bits & Sizers do...so, has anyone figured out what that motor would be rated at full power in a bit?

Supra-00
10-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Well... Ill have a Bit Charg Supra running Bit-Charg Green Axel and Gearing with 3.8 OEM motor, Rac suspension, and stock tires. and a ZZ Eclipse GSX with ZZ Red Axel and Gearing with NOS motor, race suspension and racing tires. These are my to entrys for a local Drag race with some friends... it will be interesting what they will have.

Ghost of Akina
10-31-2002, 12:08 AM
spider you can always buy a 3.8

mustang_steve
11-21-2002, 12:45 AM
I posted some stuff on this a while ago, bad part was hte pic of it, was not in the same thread. This mode has worked for me, just make sure your contact doesnt snag hte body contact. Even with that to keep in mind, I feel this is far better than bending hte heatsink, taking a soldering iron to the chassis, etc.

Here's my howto on it

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=21907#post21907

Here's the pic (upper left corner from left to right: Bit motor, Modified ZZ motor, unmodified ZZ motor)

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2739

mustang_steve
11-21-2002, 12:50 AM
The NOS motor isnt all thatfast really. It's about as fast as the red motor, but with absoulutely gorgeous torque. I'm gonna start harding F&F sets just to have a stockpile of these. Gonna get one at least since I know i've dmaged my motor today by doing stupid bit tricks....I tried to push 5 aa batteries for 1 foot longways so they dont roll...dunno why, i just felt like seeing what it could do.....

Either way, I love the ZZ motors. Very nice motors for hte guy who's gonna track race....drag racers would prolly want something a bit faster though.