PDA

View Full Version : What kind of gear is this?

_revhards13
10-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Well i was playing with my all out drift RC wich is the best thing i ever bought its a 1:10 ebay toy car. with a limited slip diff in the rear wheel drive semi propo steering and ducktaped rear wheels, nuthing but concrete drift. so today, i was blowing dougnuts and all the sudden i started hearing a grind, so i open up the engine/gearbox assembly and i found this gear, STRIPPED :( now i need to find out what it is/ what dimensions i need to use when buying the new one. somone help me out please

_revhards13
10-22-2003, 09:53 PM
also, a place to buy them would be nice. im going to my LHS soon but i dont know where one is lol

TypeZer0
10-22-2003, 11:16 PM
well, it's not an xmod so it should be in a diff section of the forum.

anyway, if it was a toy car then it's not likely you'll find a replacement easily. best bet is looking up the manufacturer and calling them up. i remember when i bought a toy rc by a brand called Nikko, they had a small mini catalogue thing to order spare parts for that model of the car. there's a chance they may still carry the parts for it even if it's old.

an alternative woudl be to find a couple gears matching that (probably with minor modding to fit the axle correctly) and glue it together.

Racer9
10-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't you know the dimensions since you have it! It looks like the gear actually melted!

aperson
10-23-2003, 05:37 PM
servo in my RC10 did the same thing to one of the gears, accelerating too fast. or motors running but the wheels arent turning