PDA

View Full Version : stuttering?

NOS man
10-22-2003, 08:15 PM
my x mod stutters. i put new batteries in the controller and the car? whats wrong?

catman25
10-22-2003, 08:29 PM
i had the same problem all i could do was return it.i think it may be a motor problem seeing how mine did it in foward and reverse.

NOS man
10-22-2003, 08:36 PM
did anyone else have this problem?

broncomaxx42
10-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Got my Xmod two days ago(Skyline). Worked great until I ran into a table leg. After that, it would stutter and the steering would be erratic. I have some experience with 1/10 scale R/C and know that the receiver crystals are sensitive to shock. Also, if the two 'prongs' on the crystal don't fit snug into the receiver, that can cause erratic operation. I removed the receiver crystal and slightly bent the prongs(be careful not to break!)so that the fit was tight. Good as new! I no longer have any problems with stuttering, even on low batts. I also noticed the 9v. wasn't making good contact with the terminals. Fixed that with a piece of paper.

Hope this is of some help

wasuri
10-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Yup, same problem with a lot of people....if you smack a wall and you studder just take the crystal out and put it back in. Good as new....

Spike88DS
10-27-2003, 05:35 PM
ya but what about zipzaps my studers all the time since i drove it off my comp desk and broke my mustubishi eclips spoiler

viperkilla
10-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Spike88DS
ya but what about zipzaps my studers all the time since i drove it off my comp desk and broke my mustubishi eclips spoiler

There could be some kind of interference. My zip zaps sometimes get interference when I am playing with them.

broncomaxx42
10-27-2003, 09:18 PM
As far as the Zip Zaps go, it could be the same problem(crystal).
However, the crystal in the ZZ is directly attatched to the P/C board. A friend of mine had the same problem with stuttering and we traced it to the crystal, but couldn't fix it. You might check the antenna at the point it attaches to the board. Sometimes the wire will come un-soldered. For that matter, check all of the wires where they attatch to the board(motor, battery, etc...).
One last thing to check is that the battery(in the car) is making good contact. That's about all I can think of..........

Firepony
10-28-2003, 12:00 AM
I just made sure the crystal was all connected good and it cured the shutter thing

ninja828
11-08-2003, 01:01 AM
i have a range problem on my skyline too. i've checked the crystal and everything else but i can't figure out whats wrong :confused:

Hudson5150
11-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by ninja828
i have a range problem on my skyline too. i've checked the crystal and everything else but i can't figure out whats wrong :confused:

Ninja828 Some of the Skylines have had range problems from the factory. You should return it for a new one.

yz85rider
11-30-2003, 09:55 PM
My sklyline will go 10 feet and die. what up with that!!!!???

duwain
12-01-2003, 02:13 PM
i have a red supra and its good until about ten feet and then it starts studdering. i think im gona take it back. the crystal seems to be fine.

RSXRacer001
12-01-2003, 03:57 PM
did you guys check to see if the wire going to the antena is still connected?

yz85rider
12-01-2003, 05:27 PM
mine was disconnected, but I soldered back on.

duwain
12-02-2003, 11:17 AM
i took mine back yesterday and got a brand new one. them cats down at radioshack arent to bad.

eternaldragon
12-21-2004, 01:00 AM
my black skyline stutters bad after going about 10 feet but it doesn't stop it also seems to want to turn by it's self my first black skyline i returned because it wouldn't reverse.

2fast4u
12-22-2004, 12:08 PM
the thing with xmods is the engineers which built it didnt think about some of the problems it may have like if you hit into something. the battery clips if you look closely leave about 2-3 milimeters of open space between the clip and the batteries this can result in the batteries popping out and at some points temporarily loosing contact which may result in your car just stopping for no reason. as for the stuttering...
sometimes its the crystal sometimes its batteries sometimes its goin out of range sometimes interference i would check all those things. my biggest piece of advice would be just to not hit anything lol

eternaldragon
12-23-2004, 12:19 AM
i noticed that to my friend and i where racing and hit together and noticed one of my battery's popped out i thought the car was done when it first happened lol.

i also noticed today my black skyline has the insulation missing (not really missing but all cracked to where you can see bear wire)on the black wire going from the battery holder to the main board it's on the same side the antenna wire is on when it goes down the rear deck.

my red supra has that glue stuff all over the reciver board or whatever that stuff is they put on the variable coil inductor.

my nsx has no glue or whatever that stuff is they put on the variable coil inductor and it was turned so far from the factory the thing you turn to adjust it was broken this was on the receiver also.

2fast4u
12-23-2004, 10:28 AM
if a wire is stripped and u see bare wire thats not good it could be short circutting i had that once with the metal heat sink.
[edit]

that glue stuff is thermal greece im not sure what happens if there isnt any there

eternaldragon
12-23-2004, 11:58 AM
not the white stuff on the fet's it was a rusty colored stuff on the receiver board and it was real tacky feeling to the touch.

Murcielago659
12-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by eternaldragon
not the white stuff on the fet's it was a rusty colored stuff on the receiver board and it was real tacky feeling to the touch.

Sounds like someone tried the brake stop squeal method to waterproof their XMod, broke it, then returned it, and then you bought it. I'd take it back.

eternaldragon
12-24-2004, 11:14 AM
i did they didn't have anymore supra's though so i got the blue civic instead witch is a nice car but the stock body kit is ugly as can be but look's much bettor with the up grade body kit.