PDA

View Full Version : Painted RSX

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Ok, so I've been lurking around here for a while. Never posted because I never did anything I really liked. Well I like this. Painted the body and body kit and blacked out the headlights. Mirrors are still being painted but I didn't want to wait. So here it is , let me know what you think. The wheels are next. Tell me if I should do white or gunmetal with a polished lip. Peace

Teki

GOT BETTER PICS!!.

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Side

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Front

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Headlight

I really like this, highly suggest it

Fusion
10-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Nice paint job vary clean. Did you paint over the original paint or sand it down.

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Thanks. It's straight over the old stuff. I thought about sanding, but got too lazy.

Bad Company
10-21-2003, 04:56 AM
Very nice Tekisui! What type of paint did you use? Very clean job. I think the white wheels might look pretty cool.

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Very nice. I also havbe the RSX. Did you mask off the windows to keep the black windows?

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 11:17 AM
The paint is just a testors can. Ran out of money for upgrades but I had a can laying around. I did mask off the windows but they allow for a lot of mistakes since you can just color any mistakes black. BC, I think the white wheels would look good too, but my roommate said he liked the gunmetal with the polished lip. I just wanted more opinions before I do it. Any fans of the headlights?

Bad Company
10-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I like the headlights too. Did you have any trouble popping off the lenses?

How about white wheels with the gunmetal lip or even reversed, gunmetal wheels with white lip?

Cian
10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Paint job: class
Lights: Look good
Wheels: Gunmetal/White rims...

my €.o2

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I like the headlights too. Did you have any trouble popping off the lenses?

I would also like to know if you had any trouble. Also did you hand paint it or use a can on the lights too? That is sweet looks JDM.

viperkilla
10-21-2003, 01:43 PM
That is one sweet XMOD. Keep up the good work. Very clean paint job.

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 01:56 PM
The headlights were actually the easiest part. I was so anxious I did them before I painted. On the inside of the body you can see where the pegs are glued/melted in place. I took an exacto and scraped that off until they were flush. Then I took the little screwdriver and slowly pushed on the peg that goes into the large headlight. They popped right out. When you are putting them back be careful of the other peg, I did crack it but glued it back. Do the same for the tail lights to paint the body. To black them out, I used a Micron .005 permanent marker. If you don't have one of these, GET ONE! There like 3 bucks at Michaels, the .005 is the finest tip. They are great for doing black details. I used the marker so I could leave the orange on the light. Just color them in except for the silver headlight. Then put the lenses back in and a dot of superglue on the inside of the body will hold them. Couldn't be easier. If you do paint the body, you might want to consider painting the headlights to match the body. I've seen it on a few cars and it looked good. Also, someone should try to do a set of eyelids for the xmods, you could paint it in right on the lens. I think it would look hot on a supra or the civic. Anyway thanks for the responses. I'm still undecided on the wheels, but thanks for the suggestions BC. If you have any other questions let me know.

NOW GO PAINT YOUR BODY!!

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 01:59 PM
That is sweet looks JDM.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

Bad Company
10-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Nice work. Thanks for the tips on removing the lenses. A plus for when I paint mine.

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the tips on removing the lenses. A plus for when I paint mine.

No Problem, lord knows you've helped out enough people on this site, including myself. Hopefully more people will start doing body mods.

ONE MORE QUESTION:
Are you guys feeling the carbon fiber hood? I also have the stock hood painted white to match. Any opinions??

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks Tekisui very helpful funny thing is I have gotten all my friends into the Xmods and yes we all drive real Imports too so its funny we all pull up to the tennis court jump out of the rides just to play with these anyways back to the topic I was flying slammed to the ground with the bodykit on the rsx hit this bump the car did a complete flip landed back on its chasis both headlights went flying off and I lost a black piece to the front bumper I thought it was funny though so now both lenses are off going to get the marker tomorrow you have been very helpful thanks.

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks Tekisui very helpful funny thing is I have gotten all my friends into the Xmods and yes we all drive real Imports too so its funny we all pull up to the tennis court jump out of the rides just to play with these anyways back to the topic I was flying slammed to the ground with the bodykit on the rsx hit this bump the car did a complete flip landed back on its chasis both headlights went flying off and I lost a black piece to the front bumper I thought it was funny though so now both lenses are off going to get the marker tomorrow you have been very helpful thanks.

ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM! I'm glad to be able to contribute something. With the marker, make sure you give it a while to dry, it's easy to smear onto the orange part. Also, it's not a bad idea to do a little clearcoat over them, especially if you don't have the lenses. What do you drive? I picked up an '03 Altima V6 about three months ago. Absolutely love it, my first "not a piece of crap" car. And my first huge pile of debt. Let me know if I can do anything else.

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Sense you are replying so fast tell me if I should do this or not I have a Sharpie Fine Point here and it keeps looking at me I will put the lenses back on they are fixable I believe just need superglue. The altimas are nice heres my car. 2000 Hyundai Tiburon (http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwnerProfile.asp?ProfileID=6081 )

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Sense you are replying so fast...

Hehe..I'm at work waiting for the game to end. I work at a news station and we can't do our show until the game is over. Lots of time to kill. If you want to try the sharpie, I say go for it. My only concern would be going too far into the circular silver part of the headlight. Just take your time. If you happen to mess up, you can usually wipe it off before it dries. But I understand, I'm an impatient person too. I want it now, I just had the micron on my desk. But I say go for it! Post some pics when you're done.

That is a sick Tiburon! You've got a lot invested in that ride. Good job. I'm still trying to make my payments, so no mods on mine yet. Hopefully a CAI and mabey an exhaust if I get enough baseball overtime. Well it looks like there may be a second rain delay, so if you have any more questions let me know. Good luck and lets see the results soon! Peace

Tekisui

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Cool thanks for the fast replys. I was watching the game too but they kept playing stupid videos because of the delay so I turned it off. Well heres the problem I am having some problems with it coming to close to the cicular silver part but no mess ups yet I am going to tape it here in a sec to be extra safe but heres the big prob sense I broke the piece that comes out of the other light hope you know what I mean it helps hold it to the car well I lost the little plastic stick so now all I have is that body plastic piece that help hold it to the car you think super glue on that bodom piece will hold it?

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 11:05 PM
I think you'll be alright. The cat that installed two lights in the Rsx's headlights did the same thing. He said he just used the smaller peg and a dot of glue on the bottom of the lens. Just make sure you have everything done before you glue it on <obviously>. You could also try to find some other "stick" that fits in the hole and try to glue that to the lens. But just glueing the lens would be a lot easier. Glad to see someone else is trying this. Are you planning on painting the body? Be sure to let us know how it turns out. Hit me up if you have any more questions. Peace

Teki

PS... I love the rims on your Tiberon.

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Well I wanted to wait to paint the body untill new shells came out for the Xmods I thought they would be like Zip Zaps and you could buy other shells for them but I found out today each car is specific for each car like my friends supra didnt fit neither did the gtr so yes I will eventually paint this one just dont want to mess up on it. You are very brave cool thing is sense there only 50 bucks if I mess this one up it can be my racer and I can get another one to just look pretty lol. I busted out the testors black enaml paint cause I couldnt get close enough with the marker hope it turns out good ill let ya know in a bit. I need to find a way to post pics whats a good site to host pics on.

Tekisui
10-21-2003, 11:24 PM
I will eventually paint this one just dont want to mess up on it.

Don't be afraid, the only real place to mess up is on the windows but you can just blackout any mistakes you make. Just do thin layers so you don't lose too much detail.

I was wondering about extra bodies, so they're not selling just bodies? As far as the pics, I don't think you need to host them. Use the attachment button on the bottom of the reply screen, at least thats what I did. Just make sure they are the right size. Hopefully you'll have them up when I get out of work. Getting into those little headlight circles is a pain. You can always touch up with silver if you go too far. Still got to finish the ninth inning, so I'll be around until then and after our show is over. Can't wait to see the results!

MadeInUSA
10-21-2003, 11:38 PM
well the only digital camera I got is a sprint cell phone and I dont know why but my home computer will not go to my account on there web site so when I go to work tomrrow I will try to attach the pics so be looking for them. Thanks for all the help. I am done just got to let the paint dry and put the lense on tomrrow. Check sometime tomrrow afternoon. Thanks again.

Tekisui
10-22-2003, 01:07 AM
No problem. Glad I could be of service. Looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

ZipRC
10-22-2003, 08:27 PM
did you have trouble masking the grill? I think i would be having a hard time getting a knife into those corners, although i woudl like to exercise my airbrush :)

Tekisui
10-23-2003, 02:03 AM
did you have trouble masking the grill? I think i would be having a hard time getting a knife into those corners, although i woudl like to exercise my airbrush
I didn't mask the grill actually. I just blacked it out, good old Micron .005 again. See, I told you they where useful. Just have to go over it a couple of times. You should try to fit some screen in there and make a custom mesh grill.

ZipRC
10-23-2003, 09:01 PM
yummy tip, very helpful...im going to pick up one of those markers tomorrow. shibby on you, i wanted to paint my rsx white and have the grey/black carbon fiber hood too, but i'll use the wild bodykit then to vary it, and maybe slap on some decals. Airbrush where are you! get out of my closet!

Savior*insider
10-24-2003, 04:22 PM
which kind of testors paint did u use?

Tekisui
10-25-2003, 12:52 AM
yummy tip, very helpful...im going to pick up one of those markers tomorrow
They are incredibly helpful, well worth 3 bucks.
which kind of testors paint did u use?
It's just spray gloss white, cheap stuff.

I just finished my wheels. Did them white and left the lip silver for a polished look. My crappy cam can't take a good enough picture to see it but I'll post it soon. They look good with the paintjob.

I've also got a body in the works from a model kit, VW GTI. I got inspired by that cats Civic hatchback.Gonna take some work but should come out pretty good. I've already cut about a half an inch out of the body and need to putty and sand for a while. I'll post it when its done.

badsupra1239
10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
SWEET THATS A COOL MOD MAN LOOKS REAL

Bad Company
10-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by badsupra1239
SWEET THATS A COOL MOD MAN LOOKS REAL
badsupra1239,
Could you please turn off your CAPS lock when typing, it looks like you are yelling.

ZipRC
10-27-2003, 07:49 PM
hmm...expect to see a white wild bodykit rsx soon. once i get the guts to do it :P. during my first day of driving i was roaming the kitchen and i got a few visible knicks in the body that i'm getting nitpicky about, and i want em GONE! My plans are white rims, white body. No carbon fiber, that got scratched too (Dang you tv stand!). my only real problem is w/ the front aero. i found a couple of pics of those micron 005s, they look awesome, very helpful, think they'll do the trick.

MadeInUSA
10-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Whatsup Those pics look way better. I want to post some better pics of mine just put the new ones up of it purple still got the JDM headlights too. Thanks again

Tekisui
10-28-2003, 01:26 AM
finally got a pic of the painted wheels, if anyone is interested.

ZipRC
10-28-2003, 05:26 PM
today i went to Genovese (eckerd now), cuz it was on the way to where i was going, to check if they had any micron like pens. anyways, the closest thing i found was a .3mm ink pen that looked pretty similar to the Pigma Micron 005s i saw online. this looks to be thin enough, but only time will tell. once i find a refill for a compressed gas canister it's paintin time.

tenzo gt
10-29-2003, 09:43 AM
sweet look with the RSX, i just painted my Skyline Gloss White, cant wait to see what it looks like when its reassembled:eek:

Bad Company
10-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by tenzo gt
sweet look with the RSX, i just painted my Skyline Gloss White, cant wait to see what it looks like when its reassembled:eek:
Be sure to post some pics!

maxvelox03
05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Thats a sweet RSX man, good job with the paint and i love the black housing headlight look.