PDA

View Full Version : ZZ's body are TOO heavy!!!!

Def
09-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Was wondering why my ZZ w/ a NOS motor was running like crap until I took off the F&F body and realized how thick that thing was. Without the body, the car goes forward and reverse very fast and can manuever VERY well. I plan to somehow sand the inside of the body down to make it thinner or replace it all together with something lighter. But if you buy a ZZ, definately consider modding the body! It is just TOO heavy.

cowfish_29
09-29-2002, 11:59 AM
i was thinking about DansAm bodies...then you could make em reallly low...it would look good with those kind of wheels. especially if you painted the rims silver or something...

Namuna
09-29-2002, 12:02 PM
You might want to hold off on the DansAm bodies...Unless they came out with a 'HO Scale' body set.

As is (AFAIK), that body set is intended to fit Bits...NOT ZZs.

MTL
09-29-2002, 04:54 PM
i was gonna cut out all the side windows on my eclipse :D

kwikbb
09-29-2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah i definetly agree about the body being heavy, i tend to take it of most the time. Just put in a 120mah NiMH in today, a couple of good points:

It's smaller so it's also lighter... much lighter

A single charge gave me about a 10-12 minute run time (I shut it off after about 5 minutes... was getting board :(. Then about 10 minutes later I turned it back on and ran it for at least another 5 minutes :)

Also seemed a tad bit kwiker (Still running a 1.6 :( )

VDOGG
09-29-2002, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know if H.O. scale slot car bodies will fit zip zaps?

-Vince

JediYoda56
09-29-2002, 11:11 PM
I was just thinking of using HO slot car bodies. Mostly likrly lexan ones as they are really light and you can cut any holes into them you like. Mounting one of them should be easy as the ZZ's should be the same size. I just can;t get any HO lexan bodies right now my hobby shop only had the 1/32 sizes. grrr. :mad:

headhunter555
09-29-2002, 11:57 PM
hehe yeah i had to try it once i read the post and ur right it on the edge of being balistic! thats wiith a 1.6:)

kwikbb
09-30-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by VDOGG
Does anyone know if H.O. scale slot car bodies will fit zip zaps?

-Vince

Yep, 1/64 scale bodies will get the job done.

NorCalCoug
09-30-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Def
I plan to somehow sand the inside of the body down to make it thinner or replace it all together with something lighter. But if you buy a ZZ, definately consider modding the body! It is just TOO heavy.

The dremel 0wNz j00. :)

Heck, I dremelled out the inside of my Bit's body (RX-7) and dropped about 30% of the weight, easy. I'm sure you can do it with a ZZ too. I think I might pick a couple of them up this friday to mess with them.